Cant access My eBay Page?

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
All good here. In the meantime I would go through paypal and print the labels.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I managed to get to my active listings (via summary menu on left side of screen)and am able to print my labels now but "My eBay" page doesn't show my listings only the headers and everything else. The rest of the screen is blank. I just tried to edit a listing and I get this-

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
leftLine_16x3.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Page Not Responding[/FONT]
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
warning_39x35.gif
spacer.gif
The eBay page or feature you are attempting to access is not responding.
Please try the options below:
  • Try to access the feature directly from the eBay Home Page, instead of using a bookmark.
  • Wait a few minutes and try to access the feature again.
If you have waited ten to fifteen minutes and you still can't access your page:
If what you are looking for is unavailable, you may still be able to access other parts of the site from the eBay Home page

[h=2]Additional site navigation[/h]

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Working again. Seems like every time I go to do something on eBay I experience some kind of stupid glitch. Only on eBay though. They should pay me just for dealing with their stupidity.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Working again. Seems like every time I go to do something on eBay I experience some kind of stupid glitch. Only on eBay though. They should pay me just for dealing with their stupidity.

2nd that! Sometimes it has help for me if I disconnect from my Internet on the computer and then reconnect in the problem seem to go away I had the same thing this morning.

DirtyHowi

Oct 6, 2006
somewhere in the middle of nowhere iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 Thank You Santa :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
next time try ctrl-f5 if your on a PC. Often times you just get a server that's having an issue and by doing that it'll hit another server that's not having the issue.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
next time try ctrl-f5 if your on a PC. Often times you just get a server that's having an issue and by doing that it'll hit another server that's not having the issue.
I'll try that. I also have a hard time viewing photos (gallery plus) on listings from the main search page when looking at other sellers items. I have to click on the listing sometimes just to view more photos.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll try that. I also have a hard time viewing photos (gallery plus) on listings from the main search page when looking at other sellers items. I have to click on the listing sometimes just to view more photos.
Do you delete your cookies and history and clean your system, isn't that called de-fragging?
My sometimes runs slow and funky, I just clean the OS, reboot, speeds everything right back up. GL.
Oh, I noticed when I signed in to ebay today, they have a new sign in box. It looked different, so I backed out of it, went back in, made sure I had a https. Trying to stay safe........

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you delete your cookies and history and clean your system, isn't that called de-fragging?
My sometimes runs slow and funky, I just clean the OS, reboot, speeds everything right back up. GL.
Oh, I noticed when I signed in to ebay today, they have a new sign in box. It looked different, so I backed out of it, went back in, made sure I had a https. Trying to stay safe........
I clean it every other day usually, using C (crap) Cleaner. I actually did that before I posted this thread, lol.

DirtyHowi

Oct 6, 2006
somewhere in the middle of nowhere iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 Thank You Santa :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

defrag is a seperate deal on your hard drive to reorganize files. cookies, history etc. can be cleaned, however you may need to log back into sites you normally keep that stuff for.

if you right click on your c: drive in windows explorer and go to properties, you can do a defrag analyze there it will recommend if you need to do it or not.

most of the time rebooting will help, just because a lot of stuff leaks memory (even though its not supposed to), especially java if you have that installed.

depending on where you are in the country, you may just be hitting servers that are having issues, ebay, amazon, google, microsoft all have data centers around the country that behave like they are all in one big building, if one farm or load balancer is off or needs recycled it can cause problems for a small number of people, and unless everyone complains to ebay or wherever they may not even know.

our monitoring tools are only so good.

i work for a distributor, not any listed here and we have similar problems in co located web farms. NFI just 30 years pushing bits around a processer :D

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
If you're using Internet Explorer, you may want to try a couple of things. After cleaning temp files and cookies as mentioned above, on the menu bar, click Tools>Internet Options>"Advanced" tab, and clicking "Reset to Default Settings" at the bottom of the tab. You'll have to put some preferences back after, but it sometimes helps. I've pretty much given up on IE. I use FireFox mostly, or Chrome on occasion, resorting to IE when I have no choice. Changing browsers helps to sort out if it's the browser, your network connection or them as the problem. [Computer technician since 1998]

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use Chrome but I'm thinking I may start using Firefox more often. IE? People still use that, lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions