Latest eBay score!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I know a lot of us sell on eBay obviously because that's the name of this thread. However I was wondering what are some of your latest scores bought off eBay? Either something for you to resell or something that you bought personally I was just a really good deal for you. Thought maybe this would be something we could continue from week to week/ month-to-month.

I just found a seller who had rolls of silver dimes for $69 or best offer. I put $50 in and got automatically excepted! Plus $6 shipping. I was hoping they combine shipping but none of his other listings would except a $50 offer. But I'm happy with a roll of dimes for $56 bucks! All 1940s. I will be checking his listings weekly for a couple more should he have some

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beachkid......there are 50 dimes in a full roll not 40. still $14 x face including shipping isnt bad for mercury dimes, especially on eBay

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beachkid......there are 50 dimes in a full roll not 40. still $14 x face including shipping isnt bad for mercury dimes, especially on eBay

I know .. Did I say 40? I didn't mean too. That's alright though. My bad. Still happy with it though considering I sold something junkie and bought something worthwhile to me anyways.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no but you referenced a roll, but I believe the item you bought had 40 dimes not 50, so you bought a partial roll.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no but you referenced a roll, but I believe the item you bought had 40 dimes not 50, so you bought a partial roll.

Well heck I hope not. It doesn't say there's 40 in the roll on the listing I just emailed him and asked . That would stink.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nm, I assumed you meant mercury dime's, I was looking at another listing

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Joe777Cool might have speed read your "All 1940s" & misinterpreted it.

Me thinks so as well

Hi Guys, I like watches. I usually do not buy them on ebay but I could not not take a risk. I bought a 1961 Rolex GMT Pepsi cola with box and papers og receipt hang tags for 4011.00. I saw that it had sold for 11,000 then was returned and relisted. The seller put right in the add that the previous buyer returned it because the serial number had been recut. I pm ed the seller for a close up of the numbers and they looked fine to me so I took a risk and bought it (the watch with cut numbers is worth the amount I paid in parts so not much risk) I got the watch and took it to 3 different Rolex experts in LA and all said legit and all put offers in on it the highest being 17K (no sale)
THat is my ebay win!

Cheers guys Im a digger but love to find good deals as well

JerseyDigger19

Apr 20, 2015
West Orange, NJ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some Ebay sellers can be jerks. I bought a lot last week where the guy had a picture of 3 Walkers and 9 Mercuries for $28. I thought cool, I'm getting it for melt so I bought it now. Then I looked at the listing and realized the lot description was actually 1 Walker and 3 Mercuries. He put 3 separate lots up and used the same picture for all. He'll accept returns but now I have to go through the trouble of returning it. READ THOSE DESCRIPTIONS CAREFULLY!

BTW, $50 for 40 silver dimes is still a good deal, melt is 1.19 and you're paying 1.25, so that's about as good as you'll find them!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Some Ebay sellers can be jerks. I bought a lot last week where the guy had a picture of 3 Walkers and 9 Mercuries for $28. I thought cool, I'm getting it for melt so I bought it now. Then I looked at the listing and realized the lot description was actually 1 Walker and 3 Mercuries. He put 3 separate lots up and used the same picture for all. He'll accept returns but now I have to go through the trouble of returning it. READ THOSE DESCRIPTIONS CAREFULLY!

BTW, $50 for 40 silver dimes is still a good deal, melt is 1.19 and you're paying 1.25, so that's about as good as you'll find them!

If the pictures dont match the description, you are asking for trouble if you bid on that.

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought a very rare James Avery charm for $16 BIN, there are currently two listed for just under $300 BIN so I figure I'll list mine at $250 and see what happens. There is one annoying issue, which is that someone cleaned the crap out of a piece that was purposely oxidized to add depth and I will have to refinish it because the difference is that dramatic/aesthetically displeasing. JA will clean & service their pieces for free in-store but generally anything more involved has to be sent out and may cost $, since my last experience with them was uninspiring to put it lightly I'm going to try this one at home.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
BK... That is a heck of a deal on a roll of Silver Dimes and is actually 11.2 times face with the shipping! Even with Silver slightly on the decline price-wise, you should not have difficulty getting 14 to 15 times face value locally.

I haven't purchased much lately on eBay that could qualify as great deals as I was purchasing Shotgun Scopes for my' Turkey Shooting Match guns. However, one of my best purchases off of eBay from a few years ago was a 1911 Matte Proof Lincoln Cent in PF-55 for (I believe) $8.50 which included the shipping. It was listed by a volume Coin Dealer as a circulation strike 1911-P Lincoln Cent and I noticed that in the pics, that it had all but one Die (characteristics) diagnostics of the 1911 Matte Proof Cent. Even though I put in a bid of a little over $100, I was apparently the only person who noticed that it was a Matte Proof and is why I got it so cheap. I sold it a few weeks after receiving it to a down on his luck small time Coin Dealer/Collector for $200 and we were both happy. The guy's wife was a drug addict and while he was out of town, she sold all of his' coins and other belongings, packed up and left town. She was arrested and thrown in jail but they were only able to get back a couple of thousand dollars worth of coins back to him out of the nearly $50,000 in coins he had at the time and some of which were on consignment.

Frank

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well he has probably 20 other rolls of dimes guess how many of them I can get for that price? 0. So I think he messed up on his listing but he had a couple other stencil that low as well or he saw that he was the lowest one bump them all up to $79 a roll!

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I've got an 14K snake chain on its way for $50 plus shipping. I'm hoping it is a decent weight. I got another one locally last week with an 18K charm on it for $135. The jeweler weighed that one, and said new in his store, he would charge $580 for it. I actually want to keep this one. I'd rather sell the other.

gilgar

Mar 18, 2009
A Little South of Heaven
Detector(s) used
Garrett Treasure Ace 300

Shouldn't be any trouble at all returning it, if it's listed as having returns. I recently had something not quite as described and hit the option for returning it. I printed out the return label which had the return shipping paid for. Didn't cost me a thing.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went all out for this one. My son's birthday is coming up and he's a huge sports fan. My wife gave me permission to redo his room. How I like it instead of how she wants it. Which is a big step because she's pretty OCD on how the rooms look!! So I probably overspent however I don't really care. I know he's going to be super excited when he sees his bedroom on his birthday. Bought two jerseys one is of a player he admires and the second is from a football player who is his cousin. But they are both autographed and I'm going to frame them and put them on the wall for him. I am also going to put his jersey in a frame in between them as well!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1438580843.806863.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1438580864.255722.jpg

I think I'm done buying presents for him for the birthday coming up!

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just received a Pershing Missile Badge bought off ebay. This is not an official badge just a token of days gone by. Represents the Cold War Era when the USA had intermediate range Nuclear Missiles. I was assigned to a Nuke Unit back in the 70s. Latest ebay score 10 bucks, resell value 25 billion dollars. In other words priceless.

Pershing Cold War Veteran Badge | eBay

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread