How long

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I normally give 3-4 days. It seems like to me a lot of times on the weekends people don't pay till Monday. I don't know if they wait till I go to work so the spouse doesn't know or what! but I've had so many occasions where they buy something and don't pay for it until Monday.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually wait a couple of days, then send a couple of messages thru ebay. I think I wait longer than most sellers. Also consider the address - if the buyer lives in Oklahoma Kansas area we have had tornados the last few day and expecting more today according to the weather people. Also I think the Carolinas are dealing with a Tropical strom of some kind. So that should be taken into consideration.

OP
OP
conleytheking

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
He paid me yesterday
I'm actually the one holding up the deal now haha
I'll probably **** it out tomorrow.

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
How long does it normally take for someone to pay? Or how long do you wait to repost??

I wouldn't re-list an item unless you first open an Unpaid Item claim with eBay and have that claim resolved in your favor. I have only had a few unpaid items. I state in my listing that payment is expected within 3 days. After that, I send the buyer a friendly reminder. If they still don't pay after a few days, I send them one more message saying that they have 3 days to make payment or I will open an Unpaid Item claim. If they still don't pay, I file the claim immediately. Time is money after all. And, anybody that fails to pay goes on my blocked bidders list.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Normally, I wait a day before sending an invoice. If I don't hear from them 24 hours after that, I send a message. I give them another day or two. I've only opened unpaid cases a few times. When they have 0 feedback, and you don't hear from them within 4 days, that is time to open a case. Congrats on your first sale! Glad it went out OK. On to the next one, right?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread