Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When a search is done on ebay does the search also look for the keywords in the description or just the title?

If you look right below the SEARCH button, there should be a box to check for "Includes description".

OP
OP
Beans

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you look right below the SEARCH button, there should be a box to check for "Includes description".

Thanks, clicked on the advanced button and there it is. Ok, so looks like it is up to the persons search options. I have been pretty lazy on my descriptions lately. Could be one of the reasons of low sells.

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that the regular search also indexes some categories/characteristics, for example: if I do a search for "butterfly" and narrow it to just jewelry, I get a ton of erroneous results for pierced/post-style earrings that take butterfly backs even though they don't use that word in the title. Just fyi, I'm sure there are a million other little peculiarities due to keyword usage and weighting of search results but it's good to be aware, the better to search (and list) effectively.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread