How is Anyone Making Money on Cheap Ebay Listings?

OP
OP
Nitric

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For years we bought "stuff" only for us - "stuff" we wanted - "stuff" we liked. And for the most part, that's still the way it is, only we are even more picky than ever, as we have no more vacancies!! The "stuff" we throw away is, for us, trash. There's much that is thrown away in this area that is still quite nice. ...I mean, picture this: last month, the wife wanted to stop by the local consignment store. Outside was a FREE box. In that box were several things that the wife grabbed; one of them was a 1-place china setting that is currently selling online for, if I remember correct, about $17. The dishes are in mint condition. There was also backpacks, and an in-working-condition lamp. The problem with this area is, there's not enough people. However, what people are here continue to buy things from stores, from online, get given or inherited to them, or they get it from outside the area from auctions, garage sales, consignment stores, etc. There's only so much "stuff" a place can handle. After that, it starts becoming trash.

Everything we still have is "stuff". We won't throw it away, as it is such nice "stuff" that it will never be trash in our eyes - just a pain in the butt!! :tongue3:

After I moved? So much of my "stuff" ended up in the trash! Because I realized how much of my "stuff" was actually" S*** " after I had to move it! :laughing7::laughing7: Never again! Then worry about how to protect it, from weather or theft, moving it,storing it, etc......... I keep getting rid of more and more. It's almost like a burden is gone on some of it! Then there are the items that you wish you would have never sold or given away too...:laughing7: Funny how some of that works too! Money in the bank? Who cares about stuff! But when the money isn't there(like it was) "stuff" becomes more valuable to the mind...At least for me that is how it worked. :laughing7: It's just "stuff"!

Last edited:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been trying to work this out myself.
I paid .99c (free shipping) for 5 Tibetan beaded prayer necklace/bracelets, I know they would be cheap knock offs, but they are actually really nice, and they are surprisingly better than expected.

Including they pouch they came in, shipping from China to Australia, I am totally confused as how this could be worth the effort.

The more I use Ebay, the more confused I am becoming, I got more for a lot of total scrap sterling silver then I did for not scrap sterling (per weight) has me now thinking that I should bash and bend all my nice silver jewellery and list it as scrap. The scrap sold for over spot/melt price, could go to a bullion store and get .999 silver rounds for the same price

I am pretty sure the chinese govt is supporting the sellers with very cheap shipping charges.

Also, labor (child?) is very cheap over there and if you ever see the word "silver" steer clear. It just going to be some base metal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread