B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Beachkid23 - how does the sellers feedback look?

11 + 1- from 11 months ago. Just said loosed time...

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update:

My jeweler wrote a note for me and I sent it to eBay last night. Today they sided with me and I have to send the item back by the 17th and I will get a refund. I hope I get my refund before the 17th. If that happens it will take 12 days to get a refund for the turnaround time. Not bad. It says the seller will issue a refund. Maybe that means they will take it out his account no matter if his account goes negative.

Going to stick to buying my gold at yard sales!

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You wanted to cheat somebody and you got con. You are not going to purchase a item worth three thousands for two hundred and fifty dollars.

ALL MEMBERS; lesson to be learn, only buy and sell in person, make sure that you have friends with you so you will not be rob. I never buy or sell on ebay.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Buying something at price offered is not cheating someone. Great deals are to be found on eBay everyday. Fewer than before, but it happens. To accuse the OP of trying to cheat a person out on item they were selling by paying the offered price is ridiculous in my humble opinion. I'll leave it at that. Glad you got your money back Beachkid.

sandmartin

Feb 20, 2015
Scarborough, England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You wanted to cheat somebody and you got con. You are not going to purchase a item worth three thousands for two hundred and fifty dollars.

ALL MEMBERS; lesson to be learn, only buy and sell in person, make sure that you have friends with you so you will not be rob. I never buy or sell on ebay.

Sorry bud but how is paying the asking price cheating? The con artist here was clearly the seller! Of course the old saying also rings true on ebay as anywhere else, 'if something sounds too good to be true it usually is'. There are bargains to be had for sure on ebay, I have personally done over a thousand transactions and have picked up some real bargains along the way. The one golden rule is to pay for everything through paypal(unless of course you are picking the item up personally) then you are covered. Ebay and paypal will usually always come down on the side of the buyer. I have only ever been scammed once but even then I still got my money back.

Last edited:

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009

Reading comprehension is a dying art. The necklace was advertised as being 27 grams for $250. Scrap value around $600. I buy things on a regular basis for a lot less than half of their actual value. The necklace he was sent weighed 147 grams which is where the $3000 came from.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reading comprehension is a dying art. The necklace was advertised as being 27 grams for $250. Scrap value around $600. I buy things on a regular basis for a lot less than half of their actual value. The necklace he was sent weighed 147 grams which is where the $3000 came from.

Thank you for the correct answer to this.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This made me laugh out loud! Sorry but I was at a thrift store this weekend. They had a gold ring for $85. I paid $85 even though my scale said 9 grams. Did I cheat them too? Should I have offered $200 instead. I don't understand.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last purchase on ebay I lost 87 bucks. Never again. Ebt and buyer dont respond.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Family member bought a ring for on Ebay for $75, everyone I guess on Ebay thought it was scam, huge diamonds and gold with such a starting bid, appraised for thousands. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose I guess.

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Before I started using PayPal, I would but a USPS money order and send it out in the mail to them. That way id it turned out to be a scam, I could go to the Post office and turn it in to the Postal Inspectors. They take mail fraud very seriously. They can also go after them almost no matter where they live. Part of the agreement of postal mail. A friend of mine did that after I told him about it. He bought a "Dipping Bird" from a guy in Canada who cashed the money order and didn't send anything to him. He EMailed the guy through EBay that if there was not a resolution in a week, he was going to the Postal Inspectors. Suddenly the guy "found one and sent it to him". They can even go to China as well as Japan and other "Far Eastern countries.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coil had a piece of metal prob iron stuck next to the connector. Coil working now. I like think folks are generally good. eBay is hit or miss. Seen some boys go-to jail for selling fake gold bars they bought off eBay.

Miner 49er

Tenderfoot
Mar 21, 2017
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not so I bought a white sapphire for 65.00 at an auction turns out it was worth 18.000.00

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Beachkid23:

Hard to believe eBay sent you that email! I'm not doubting you, of course. Just surprised they don't have a boilerplate email written in correct English.

Wow!

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo, CM

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Coil had a piece of metal prob iron stuck next to the connector. Coil working now. I like think folks are generally good. eBay is hit or miss. Seen some boys go-to jail for selling fake gold bars they bought off eBay.

Just my opinion, but anyone dumb enough to buy gold bars on EBay would also buy gold bars on Craigh's List. But then that has been done since the 20's and before. As my father told me, "Never under estimate Stupid".

Gar3ttATpr0

Tenderfoot
Apr 20, 2017
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
honestly unless you have at least a minimum of 100 feedback all 100 percent positive i don't bid on the auction. if your a scammer by that time the feedback will speak for itself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread