Ebay Seller Uses Amazon Dropshipper, Item Showed Delivered, Not!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I've been going a few rounds lately with an ebay seller over 250 ft of bubble wrap that never got delivered to my house. I opened a case for item not received. The thing is, the delivery confirmation showed it as delivered. Turns out the seller shipped it directly from Amazon. Long story short, first ebay decided not to refund me because of the delivery confirmation showing as delivered. Then I ended up getting a refund after I appealed their decision. Here is the first message...

The seller has asked eBay Customer Support to review this case and make a final decision.
s.gif
We'll review the case details, such as messages sent in the Resolutions Center about this case and other emails sent through eBay between you and the seller. If we have questions, we'll get in touch with you. We'll get back to you within 48 hours.

You can view the details of this case in the Resolution Center.

A couple hours later.

[FONT=&quot]
Hi Robert,[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]
After reviewing all the details of this case, we determined that you won't receive a refund.

[/FONT]​

That was yesterday.

This morning I appealed the case. Here is the appeal message I sent them, lol...

[FONT=&quot]This item was drop shipped directly by Amazon. The UPS driver erroneously marked this item as delivered.
1-The delivery details show it weighed 1 pound. That is not the correct weight for my item.
2-The delivery details show package was delivered to an office . I do not have an office.
3- I asked the seller to provide me with the address that particular label had on it. She did not. How do you know the label that says delivered was the actual the label for my item?
She didn't print it via ebay labels, because she used Amazon to drop ship it.

Show me the address on the label that was sent to my house that corresponds with the tracking number that I was provided. That should be expected in ANY case of this nature. Especially when the package details and the delivery details don t correspond with the item weight or to my home that they were shipped to.

Once again, Show me the address on the label that corresponds with the tracking number that I was provided.

Should I repeat it for a third time? Show me the address on the label please.

You've seen your supposed proof (lousy delivery confirmation), now please provide me with mine. That is NOT asking too much.

Thank you. PS- I can provide you with the specific delivery details if needed though you have your own access to that. Read the details. The devil is always in the details. Not a 1 pound package, not an office that it should have been delivered to. I also don t like the fact that I set my search preferences to US only and come to find out (after the fact) this seller is based in Israel. Had I known that prior, I never would have ordered from her. I will be following up on this matter regardless.[/FONT]

Several hours later I received this...

[FONT=&quot]
After reviewing this case, we decided to refund you for this purchase. We did this because we determined that the item was stolen during delivery.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]
We're sorry you had a problem with this purchase.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]
A refund of US $25.11 will be credited to your PayPal account within 48 hours.

[/FONT]​
Moral of the story is, if you are in the right, don't give up.

PS- It really made me mad that I was dealing with a seller in Israel when I specifically set my search preferences to US only. Her home page shows her location as Israel, but the item page showed Phoenix, Az.. She claims because she uses a US dropshipper she can say that. I say BS, I don't want my money going to someone in another country.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And what is really bad is all the "porch thieves" out there. They drive by and steal stuff left on your porch or driveway.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I've been going a few rounds lately with an ebay seller over 250 ft of bubble wrap that never got delivered to my house. I opened a case for item not received. The thing is, the delivery confirmation showed it as delivered. Turns out the seller shipped it directly from Amazon. Long story short, first ebay decided not to refund me because of the delivery confirmation showing as delivered. Then I ended up getting a refund after I appealed their decision. Here is the first message...

The seller has asked eBay Customer Support to review this case and make a final decision.
s.gif
We'll review the case details, such as messages sent in the Resolutions Center about this case and other emails sent through eBay between you and the seller. If we have questions, we'll get in touch with you. We'll get back to you within 48 hours.

You can view the details of this case in the Resolution Center.

A couple hours later.

Hi Robert,​
After reviewing all the details of this case, we determined that you won't receive a refund.

That was yesterday.

This morning I appealed the case. Here is the appeal message I sent them, lol...

This item was drop shipped directly by Amazon. The UPS driver erroneously marked this item as delivered.
1-The delivery details show it weighed 1 pound. That is not the correct weight for my item.
2-The delivery details show package was delivered to an office . I do not have an office.
3- I asked the seller to provide me with the address that particular label had on it. She did not. How do you know the label that says delivered was the actual the label for my item?
She didn't print it via ebay labels, because she used Amazon to drop ship it.

Show me the address on the label that was sent to my house that corresponds with the tracking number that I was provided. That should be expected in ANY case of this nature. Especially when the package details and the delivery details don t correspond with the item weight or to my home that they were shipped to.

Once again, Show me the address on the label that corresponds with the tracking number that I was provided.

Should I repeat it for a third time? Show me the address on the label please.

You've seen your supposed proof (lousy delivery confirmation), now please provide me with mine. That is NOT asking too much.

Thank you. PS- I can provide you with the specific delivery details if needed though you have your own access to that. Read the details. The devil is always in the details. Not a 1 pound package, not an office that it should have been delivered to. I also don t like the fact that I set my search preferences to US only and come to find out (after the fact) this seller is based in Israel. Had I known that prior, I never would have ordered from her. I will be following up on this matter regardless.

Several hours later I received this...

After reviewing this case, we decided to refund you for this purchase. We did this because we determined that the item was stolen during delivery.​
We're sorry you had a problem with this purchase.​
A refund of US $25.11 will be credited to your PayPal account within 48 hours.

Moral of the story is, if you are in the right, don't give up.

PS- It really made me mad that I was dealing with a seller in Israel when I specifically set my search preferences to US only. Her home page shows her location as Israel, but the item page showed Phoenix, Az.. She claims because she uses a US dropshipper she can say that. I say BS, I don't want my money going to someone in another country.

Lots of those Amazon dropshippers on ebay now. If they have something like 520,843 feedback, odds are they are dropshipping and using free amazon prime shipping to do so.

OneStudPuppy

Jan 17, 2018
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Sdc 2300, gold monster 1000 gpx 6000.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also lazy or in a rush to get off shift drivers.
I had two 10x10 canopies supposed to deliver today.(at 49 each prospecting shade :) )
Said there was a problem delivering.
Called house verified no one other than me left the house.
House full of people, one was outside they never even tried to deliver yet said attempted delivery.
Told amazon why is the postal system lying to you?! Long story short and a 10 minuet hold later.
A new excuse the driver was “New” and apparently couldn’t find the house 700ish feet from the post office.
Amazon said they would deliver tomorrow, I asked amazon if they will replace item of stolen. I purposely set up today as the delivery date so I could get the packages. They said reship or refund I told em
I don’t want a refund. I want my items.. but yea amazon how many problems amazon is having with contacted delivery people

Last edited:

OneStudPuppy

Jan 17, 2018
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ran into a ebay seller amazon drop shipper the other day.
I’ve noticed some stuff like prospecting equipment generally running higher on amazon.
Saw a pick hammer I wanted for prospecting seemed lowest eBay price so I bought it.
First what the heck moment guy listed himself in Montana or something, PayPal auto added tax.
Instantly messaged the seller asking if he was shipping out of a California warehouse? Figured that would
Auto flag to charge tax. He emailed me back refused to type “tax” in his message t@x as he put it would be
Refunded (only because I inquired) but gave Some Line about his supplier required it or something.
Hours later I get a shipment notification. And a amazon delivery tracking number..

Come to find out I still could have saved 3.50 just buying it on amazon..

I’m still curious about his tax upcharge and him stating he was in Montana.
I don’t even think he was in the U.S.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And what is really bad is all the "porch thieves" out there. They drive by and steal stuff left on your porch or driveway.
I had that happen when I was out of town on a hurricane evacuation. Was waiting for the electric to come back on before I came back to town. Meanwhile, the Amazon package that I paid an incredibly high 2 day shipping rate for, should have been delivered 2 days before I left town.
This time there was no attempt made to deliver. I was home all day waiting because it said "out for delivery".

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had good luck so far with Ebay, as far as getting issues resolved. It usually takes some effort, and is sometimes a pain! :laughing7: If I'm in the right, I don't give up. I'll email, call, over and over..haha

I also have a similar complaint, I want to sell to U.S. only. People from other countries bid, then have it sent to a center or US address. Which is ok if they pay right away. In my limited selling experience it's usually taken days for those people to pay.

Glad you got your money back!

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
It's better if you put a note on the order to deliver to the rear entrance. If you have one.

OneStudPuppy

Jan 17, 2018
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also lazy or in a rush to get off shift drivers.
I had two 10x10 canopies supposed to deliver today.(at 49 each prospecting shade :) )
Said there was a problem delivering.
Called house verified no one other than me left the house.
House full of people, one was outside they never even tried to deliver yet said attempted delivery.
Told amazon why is the postal system lying to you?! Long story short and a 10 minuet hold later.
A new excuse the driver was “New” and apparently couldn’t find the house 700ish feet from the post office.
Amazon said they would deliver tomorrow, I asked amazon if they will replace item of stolen. I purposely set up today as the delivery date so I could get the packages. They said reship or refund I told em
I don’t want a refund. I want my items.. but yea amazon how many problems amazon is having with contacted delivery people

Just a follow up, got off the phone with the post master.
She seemed pretty pissed off, I described everything to her and she was looking into it with me on the phone.
The so called attempted delivery was on the back dock of the post office.
Also notice of attempted delivery that was marked as filled out not only was a fraud as there 1. Was no attempt 2. Had the wrong street address.
This post master has worked at the local post office for years. I was actually glad when she said that was her now!
And yea someone is going to be getting chewed.

I was brought up old school I miss those days of everyone doing the best job they can and being a honest up front person.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually always look for an item in USA only. Saw one seller close to OneStudPuppy. (pasadena area) but item description said allow 3-4 weeks for delivery. That got my curiosity up. Turns out the seller is in CA but all his items come from Hong Kong. I tried to complain but feeBays complaint button does not have lying about location as a choice.

On another auction site the sellers icon is a cute Japanese girl and they have a location pinned on a map showing near Mt Fuji, Japan. I know that area and it is mostly steep mountains. All this guy sold was counterfeit coins, he was trying to pass all as real. I knew better as I collect this type so I bought two. I messaged him several times about combining shipping and never got an answer. I contacted one of his customers because in this customers feedback he said the coin was fake. This customer still had the shipping wrapper. I got the name and address. Some Chinese guy in Hong Kong. I hate it when people try to trick you, but love it when I catch them and tell everybody. He had several auctions going and at this auction place you can leave messages or questions on every auction. I posted on everyone he is not in Japan but Hong Kong and selling counterfeit coins. I also filed a grievance and got my money back but they would not allow me to leave negative feedback.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread