EBay Purchase

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought several lots of fishing lures from a seller that were put on sale for very cheap. I figured it was just a mistake in the listing and that they would contact me wanting to cancel, but they didn't. Instead they left feedback and marked the items as shipped. Got the packages today and instead of fishing lures, I got several packages that each had 1 nail in them and nothing else. :icon_scratch: I get that the lures were marked under their value, but all I needed was a simple cancellation request on the lots. I contacted the seller, but now I'll probably have to open a case and go through all of that mess. Anyone ever had anything like this happen? The listing was most definitely for lures. I thought maybe they were clearing out inventory or something.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
I would wait to hear back from the seller - maybe he (or she) didn't mean to include nails? Can't wait to hear the reply.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like you took the bait?

chub

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I'm curious to see what the seller says also. My initial thought was they were trying to say "you got nailed". :dontknow: I don't know, it's just strange.

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
maybe they want you to make them out of the nails.bad things are happening more on ebay.
good luck brad

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope they aren't trying to screw you or in this case nail you to the wall. Contact ebay immediately and open an SNAD case against the seller. This was not a mistake on the sellers part. I would have opened the case first then contacted the seller. It's no big deal.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not funny at all. I haven't been done over more than once or twice over the years, and it was mostly my fault for not paying enough attention to the listings.

I have heard of this happening however.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm trying to give the seller time to respond but I may just go ahead and open a case. I think the SNAD case is the best bet on winning. They probably sent it what they did so tracking showed delivered. The only problem is they are a monster seller with like 100,000 feedback. I plan on putting pictures of the packages up. I only opened two of them and just felt the outside of the package on the others so I could take pics of them.

shooterike

Greenie
Jun 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honesty was born in the morning, Trickery came that afternoon.:BangHead:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Open a case. After something like this, 100,000 or not, they'll be gone. Also, go to your post office and pursue mail fraud. If you paid with a credit card, file a billing dispute with the card company. THAT is EASY!

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The seller contacted me and said that they would fix it, so I'm not going to put up their name in case it was actually a mistake somehow. If not I'll let everyone know. They aren't primarily a lure seller so I don't think you guys would buy from them. I normally wouldn't.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The seller contacted me and said that they would fix it, so I'm not going to put up their name in case it was actually a mistake somehow. If not I'll let everyone know. They aren't primarily a lure seller so I don't think you guys would buy from them. I normally wouldn't.

Bass, glad to hear they got back with you and said they'd fix it...I bought some silver GW's one time and a couple were crusty clad quarters...I don't know if they were trying to slip one in on me ir if it was an honest mistake, but they sent the silver replacements and said to keep the clads. Good luck, Ddf.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah hopefully it will get resolved without any issues. I'll keep everyone posted.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eating_popcorn_tn_final.gif
Can't wait to see your post saying they made it good AND kicked in a few freebies.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright, so here's how it ended up working out. The seller drug their feet for a while and didn't issue refunds. I told them that I was going to open cases if they didn't let me know what was going on. Boom, 5 of the 26 lots were refunded that day. So I asked about the rest of the lots and they said there was some sort of issue in their returns department on the rest of them, they would look into it. Time passed with them still saying they were looking into it and today they said they couldn't issue a refund for some reason I would have to open a case. :dontknow: I thought that was kind of dumb on their part, but I opened cases and within 15 minutes eBay reviewed them and refunded me. Not the seller. So it was a pain, but now I have refunds for all of the lots.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions