Well now what??

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Kosta Boda vase nightmare may be continuing and I need to know what my TNet eBay friends think. As some of you may know from a previous thread, the vase was broken in half upon arrival to buyer.

When the buyer told me about the damage I immediately sent her a return label through eBay that cost me an additional $9. She then informs me that she doesn't own a printer, not very computer savvy, fixed income, blah, blah, blah. By now I'm getting fed up. I just want to put this whole transaction behind me. In short, she cannot print the return label. In the meantime I am getting messages from eBay advising me to get the refund process rolling but their next required step for me is to click the Issue Refund button. Nuh, uh...not gonna do it. Not after the last time with the Bose speakers that STILL have not been returned, I ain't issuing no refund until I have my busted vase back.
I ask her that if she could be so kind, please drop the pieces into the smallest and most affordable box and ship it to me and I will immediately issue the refund for the purchase AND her cost to ship it. She agreed and about a week later I had the vase back. I refunded her $140 ($125 plus $15) through PayPal, poorer but wiser and I pulled all my items from the site.

I'm still getting messages from eBay to wrap this thing up and again, their recommendation is to click the Issue Refund button. Yeah... no.
I called customer service to let them know that the customer had been fully refunded and please do not pull the money from my account. The agent told me the case was resolved in my favor. Because we took care of the refund outside of eBays omnipotence and wisdom, it showed that the customer did not return the vase in the required amount of time. I then go to my PayPal account and see that the original purchase price is credited back to me to the tune of $125.

According to eBay: "
If the decision is made in the buyer's favor, eBay will refund the buyer and seek reimbursement from you. You may be asked to set up a reimbursement payment method."
Ok, that's the BUYER. What if the decision is made in the SELLER's favor? Are they now going to extract the money from HER account? I certainly hope not. Yeah, eBay has been a pain for me lately but I don't want to take it out on a poor old computer illiterate woman with no printer, (but has disposable income for a Kosta Boda collection)

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Email her outside of the eBay's messaging system using her verified Paypal Address. Be honest with her what may transpire on behalf of eBay. Explain to her that in the event of eBay taking money from her account to provide a copy of the transaction to you and you will credit her account again. Sounds like a PIA, but at least you can sleep at night knowing that you were honest in your dealings.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ebay probably covered it under the seller protection policy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread