Confusing question on buying on ebay?

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay so this may sound confusing and I will try my best to word it properly because I am going crazy.

I watched several items from the same seller. This seller offers combined shipping on multiple items. I know to add the items into your cart and then request an invoice from the seller so that they can reduce shipping costs.

This is where it gets confusing..... The seller made me offers on each of the items I am watching, they are each discounted. I wish to accept the offers on most of them and get combined shipping. However, how do I do this????? When I add the items to my cart they are all full price. When I accept the offer on one of the items it prompts me to pay for that one item. What do I do?? Basically I want to add the items into my cart at the discounted prices and request an invoice for the combined shipping....

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Contact the seller directly via PM before accepting the offer. They may be able to adjust the individual offers to reflect a discounted shipping. Maybe.

eBay is funny in that an offer can only be extended once for each unique buyerID. Once the offer expires, the seller is unable to send another offer - a week later or a year later.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Contact the seller directly via PM before accepting the offer. They may be able to adjust the individual offers to reflect a discounted shipping. Maybe.

eBay is funny in that an offer can only be extended once for each unique buyerID. Once the offer expires, the seller is unable to send another offer - a week later or a year later.

One possible solution for the seller is for you to communicate which items that you are interested in where they cancel the offer, but then revise the original listings for the specific items to reflect the offer price. You add those specific items to your cart and request an invoice where they will be able to send an invoice with discounted shipping. Kind of a PITA to coordinate and may not be worth the hassle by the seller just so you can save a few bucks on shipping. Depends on the dollar amount of the items involved and how eager he seller wants to sell the items.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a big deal...the seller can combine the shipping and refund you any money you overpaid. Just send a message to let him or her know what happened.

EQ8

Feb 1, 2020
Sw Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a big deal...the seller can combine the shipping and refund you any money you overpaid. Just send a message to let him or her know what happened.

^^^^ This.. but contact the seller first and see if they will do the partial refund.
I do that for people, but some think they are losing money by partially refunding you.
They don't lose anything.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Hit the buy it now button on the offers you want to buy from him but don't pay yet. Then, message him to send you an invoice for all with combined shipping.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree they can send you a partial refund easier then re carting everything and changing the listing

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread