OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What did they change? I also use the 4 pack that you mentioned, but it has been awhile since I've had to buy more.

They changed the packaging and they just call it standard grade now. It really isn't that different, but seems to be a little thinner, and a little less sticky. Still plenty usable but not as good as it used to be.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Interesting. Affixing labels to the package, it would still be fine. But for actually securing a parcel, especially for heavier/bulkier contents, I may have to look for an alternate.

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the brown reinforced 3 inch wide water activated glue kraft box tape. I cut the tape down the middle for 1 1/2 inch wide strips of tape. I buy it by the case and if I want to sell half the case, I can make a profit on the whole case. This stuff sticks like crazy, and in over 20 years of shipping, I've never had a problem.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the brown reinforced 3 inch wide water activated glue kraft box tape. I cut the tape down the middle for 1 1/2 inch wide strips of tape. I buy it by the case and if I want to sell half the case, I can make a profit on the whole case. This stuff sticks like crazy, and in over 20 years of shipping, I've never had a problem.

How does the water activated tape work?

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting. Affixing labels to the package, it would still be fine. But for actually securing a parcel, especially for heavier/bulkier contents, I may have to look for an alternate.

Yeah, I mean, it's alright, and you can tape a box fine with it, but I feel like it has a little more give to it than the old stuff. I'm kind of hoping my Wal-Mart just got a few of these randomly and they'll restock the old stuff

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I use the tape I get for free from ebay. Every quarter they give shipping supplies. You get a $25 credit if you have a store. I alternate each quarter what I get. Tissue paper, envelopes, tape, mostly envelopes.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the tape I get for free from ebay. Every quarter they give shipping supplies. You get a $25 credit if you have a store. I alternate each quarter what I get. Tissue paper, envelopes, tape, mostly envelopes.

I like the 6x4x4 boxes. I don't think their tape would last me very long, but I have thought about trying it.

camichael

May 29, 2020
La Verne, Calif
Detector(s) used
White's, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm an eBay'er (CAMICHAEL) and ship 20-50 items a week. I buy tape in bulk and you get 36 rolls of 2" tape for about $32. Look up shipping suppliers...

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We ship hundreds of boxes each month. Books. I buy S-5735 filament strapping tape to wrap once around most boxes and S-423 clear industrial tape to seal them up. We buy from Uline.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm an eBay'er (CAMICHAEL) and ship 20-50 items a week. I buy tape in bulk and you get 36 rolls of 2" tape for about $32. Look up shipping suppliers...

I know you can buy that, but how's the quality on it? What do you ship mainly?

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know you can buy that, but how's the quality on it? What do you ship mainly?

As another suggested, Uline is a great source for all of your
shipping stuff. Never been unhappy with their tape, and
I've shipped just about everything that will fit into a box.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As another suggested, Uline is a great source for all of your
shipping stuff. Never been unhappy with their tape, and
I've shipped just about everything that will fit into a box.

Sounds good, I'll check them out

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread