Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BEACH 1
We made our usual spring trip to the beach. It was windy and colder than normal. The spring has been a cold and wet one so not much activity on any of the beaches to leave stuff for me to find. The good thing is when the beach doesnā€™t produce I know spots off the beach that are usually productive.

At Bethany Beach the beach restoration of last year is mostly washed out to sea again so not much beach to detect. The beach itself was very quiet, not even iron. The dune walkovers did produce a few coins. The little town park had a few spots I havenā€™t covered before and also produced a few coins. The bulk of my finds for Bethany came from locations off the beach I will not disclose for obvious reasons.

In 2 days I spent 10.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 170 coins with a a face value of $19.62, some jewelry, toys, a fake cob coin, some metal tags, a little WW2 ordinance, a few aluminum cans, foil and tabs.

DSCN3178.jpeg

DSCN3182.jpeg

DSCN3183.jpeg

The cladaugh ring and an earring are silver so that started the trip off right.

DSCN3179.jpeg

Not much ordinance this trip. One piece of 40mm traveling band and 4 pieces of 20mm was all this trip. Not like the piles I found in the fall right after the beach restoration. The fake cob is a kidā€™s sovereign sold in the local shops. Over the years I have found quite a few of them.

DSCN3180.jpeg

BEACH 2
I spent 2 days at Rehoboth Beach checking out the beach and covering some areas off the beach that I thought might be productive. The beach was weird and for the most part very very quiet. I did hit on one line in a small section of the beach that produced about $3 in change, mostly quarters (3 in one hole 6 in another some singles and a dime and penny or 2). The off the beach areas produced a lot of pennies, a little foil and some jewelry.

In 8 hours of swingin the CZ21 (4 on the beach and 4 off the beach) I found 71 coins with a face value of $6.28, jewelry, pieces of WW2 ordinance, a little foil and 4 tabs.

DSCN3184.jpeg

DSCN3185.jpeg

2 of the rings and a star earring are silver. The stones in the one ring are diamonds. I was sure even before I tested. The main stone has a large setting and a small stone. This is to make the stone look bigger. They donā€™t go to that much trouble for a cz because they are so cheap. There are 24 teny tiny diamonds in the band and a biggger, but still small, diamond in the main setting. The second ring has stars cut out of it and unfortunately somewhere along the line it has been crushed. It can be repaired, but Iā€™m not sure I want to go to all the trouble. I can just add it to the scrap pile.

DSCN3186.jpeg

DSCN3187.jpeg

IMG_8377.jpeg

BEACH 3
I did most of the hot spots in Ocean city while I was down for my brotherā€™s surgery. We did have a nice day or 2 since then so I decided to revisit a few of them and try some other spots hoping for some luck.

I spent 4.5 hours swingin the CZ21 on a very quiet beach. I covered a lot of territory and my shoulder was really sore from all the swingin by the time I was done. I did manage to get my coil over a few hot spots and spills so I ended up with 70 coins with a face value of $5.88, a fishing swivel spill (from the Kite Loft, used on the end of the kite string), some jewelry, a foreign coin, a modern cuff link, 2 squashed pennies, a cheapie carabiner, a few tabs, foil and some aluminum fence wire.

DSCN3192.jpeg

The ring is marked and has a registration number inside with 1.0 ct. I thought at first it was a diamond, but I have never seen that big a diamond in a silver ring. Small diamonds all the time, but not a big one. After a little research I found out it was a 1 carat moissanite stone worth about $15-$20. It is a really nice looking ring. There is a small heart incorporated into the setting for the stone.

DSCN3193.jpeg
DSCN3196.jpeg

DSCN3197.jpeg

DSCN3195.jpeg

The foreign coin is from the Kingdom of Bahrain. This is the first coin I have ever found from there. It is a 2010 50 fils, about the size of a nickel and worth about 5 cents in USD.

DSCN3194.jpeg

NON DETECTOR FINDS
I did find some pennies and dimes walking around parking lots and shops. There was a wheatie in a parking lot, a 1956. Another wheatie from grandpaā€™s change jar the kids took to the bank.

DSCN3181.jpeg

Iā€™m winding down my year with only a few days left before I end my 22nd year of detecting. The beach trip was a nice success. In 5 days with 23 hours of swingin I found 311 coins with a face value of $31.78, 6 silvers (one with ice), 8 rings and ONLY 15 CAN TABS. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 18

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Productive hunts, well done.
It's a rarity that a diamond is in a sterling setting.
Though there are folks that don't care for the yellow, or has a sensitivity to the gold.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BEACH 1
We made our usual spring trip to the beach. It was windy and colder than normal. The spring has been a cold and wet one so not much activity on any of the beaches to leave stuff for me to find. The good thing is when the beach doesnā€™t produce I know spots off the beach that are usually productive.

At Bethany Beach the beach restoration of last year is mostly washed out to sea again so not much beach to detect. The beach itself was very quiet, not even iron. The dune walkovers did produce a few coins. The little town park had a few spots I havenā€™t covered before and also produced a few coins. The bulk of my finds for Bethany came from locations off the beach I will not disclose for obvious reasons.

In 2 days I spent 10.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 170 coins with a a face value of $19.62, some jewelry, toys, a fake cob coin, some metal tags, a little WW2 ordinance, a few aluminum cans, foil and tabs.

View attachment 2145391

View attachment 2145395

View attachment 2145396

The cladaugh ring and an earring are silver so that started the trip off right.

View attachment 2145392

Not much ordinance this trip. One piece of 40mm traveling band and 4 pieces of 20mm was all this trip. Not like the piles I found in the fall right after the beach restoration. The fake cob is a kidā€™s sovereign sold in the local shops. Over the years I have found quite a few of them.

View attachment 2145393

BEACH 2
I spent 2 days at Rehoboth Beach checking out the beach and covering some areas off the beach that I thought might be productive. The beach was weird and for the most part very very quiet. I did hit on one line in a small section of the beach that produced about $3 in change, mostly quarters (3 in one hole 6 in another some singles and a dime and penny or 2). The off the beach areas produced a lot of pennies, a little foil and some jewelry.

In 8 hours of swingin the CZ21 (4 on the beach and 4 off the beach) I found 71 coins with a face value of $6.28, jewelry, pieces of WW2 ordinance, a little foil and 4 tabs.

View attachment 2145397

View attachment 2145398

2 of the rings and a star earring are silver. The stones in the one ring are diamonds. I was sure even before I tested. The main stone has a large setting and a small stone. This is to make the stone look bigger. They donā€™t go to that much trouble for a cz because they are so cheap. There are 24 teny tiny diamonds in the band and a biggger, but still small, diamond in the main setting. The second ring has stars cut out of it and unfortunately somewhere along the line it has been crushed. It can be repaired, but Iā€™m not sure I want to go to all the trouble. I can just add it to the scrap pile.

View attachment 2145399

View attachment 2145400

View attachment 2145390

BEACH 3
I did most of the hot spots in Ocean city while I was down for my brotherā€™s surgery. We did have a nice day or 2 since then so I decided to revisit a few of them and try some other spots hoping for some luck.

I spent 4.5 hours swingin the CZ21 on a very quiet beach. I covered a lot of territory and my shoulder was really sore from all the swingin by the time I was done. I did manage to get my coil over a few hot spots and spills so I ended up with 70 coins with a face value of $5.88, a fishing swivel spill (from the Kite Loft, used on the end of the kite string), some jewelry, a foreign coin, a modern cuff link, 2 squashed pennies, a cheapie carabiner, a few tabs, foil and some aluminum fence wire.

View attachment 2145401

The ring is marked and has a registration number inside with 1.0 ct. I thought at first it was a diamond, but I have never seen that big a diamond in a silver ring. Small diamonds all the time, but not a big one. After a little research I found out it was a 1 carat moissanite stone worth about $15-$20. It is a really nice looking ring. There is a small heart incorporated into the setting for the stone.

View attachment 2145402 View attachment 2145405
View attachment 2145406
View attachment 2145404

The foreign coin is from the Kingdom of Bahrain. This is the first coin I have ever found from there. It is a 2010 50 fils, about the size of a nickel and worth about 5 cents in USD.

View attachment 2145403

NON DETECTOR FINDS
I did find some pennies and dimes walking around parking lots and shops. There was a wheatie in a parking lot, a 1956. Another wheatie from grandpaā€™s change jar the kids took to the bank.

View attachment 2145394

Iā€™m winding down my year with only a few days left before I end my 22nd year of detecting. The beach trip was a nice success. In 5 days with 23 hours of swingin I found 311 coins with a face value of $31.78, 6 silvers (one with ice), 8 rings and ONLY 15 CAN TABS. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Awesome Hunt!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread