Army guy in Arizona...need help!!!

ashleysflyr

Jan 2, 2008
Missouri
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S MXT (and man is she hot!)
Hey all,
I am new to AZ, I have only been here for about 4 days. I brought my MXT and I will be here (in Marana, near Tucson) for three months. I am looking to coin/relic hunt, or nugget shoot. I am not familiar with AZ laws, but I hear wonderful things about this state. Anyone have any suggestions for where to go...and where NOT to go? Thank you!

~Tom

AzExplorer

Feb 22, 2005
Greaterville Az SSE of Tucson for gold from what I understand. Ask around for here about claims though. Maybe the local clubs w/ claims might do there part for the war effort and give a visiting serviceman permission to poke around.

Good luck and watch out for dope smugglers.....

If you find any customs pays $10 per pound reward.... ;D

AzSports

Feb 16, 2005
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's Gold Master, Garrett Infinium
The State of Az has pretty restrictive laws on metal detectors and general foraging. The good news is most of the fun is in National Forest land.
Desert Gold Diggers (AZ) club allows guests with members. There's quite a few reasonable places to go there. You might consider GPAA too, cause the membership will be helpful in most states as far as a starting place for gold. The Wickenburg area is pretty nice this time of year, I'm hoping to get there this week end, your welcome if it can be worked out.

There's a GPAA gold show this w/e (2/14-15) in Phoenix.

Consider Madera Canyon/Greaterville for the famous 'Tucson' meteorite, and anywhere you can detect for other falls all over the state.

Gold can be found all over this place if you counts specs and flakes lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread