Prescott Valley, Az Hunting Pals Wanted

TQA Girl

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2009
Prescott Valley
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
(Apologies, updated acct...reposted here)

Okay...I am "back" and finally finished relocating back to Az, which I missed a bunch. I had only a couple intro noob posts half a dozen months back when I scored a MD from my step father (Bounty Hunter - the MD, not the step!) and pulled up a 14k gold nugget ring out the back yard...but things got boring/hectic (it happened) and I've not been able to do anything else until we moved.

Now I am released from previous nonsense and ready to get out and about and start treasure questing in a slew of novel, fun ways!

Moved to PV and getting settled. I know nobody in this area. My son's already made half a dozen new friends and I've yet to meet my first! Kinda scary. Anyway, if you're around and open to meeting someone else new, making another bud, please say hi. I am looking forward to getting out with the BH and seeing what can be found...but as you all know, it's not so fun all alone.

Help a girl out! Thanks! ;-p

Stacey in PV

PS And if you are, or know of anyone who is also interested in puzzle hunts, scavenger hunts and treasure quests, please get in touch. I am sincerely looking for a partner in crime...IM me for more info on that so I don't hijack the forum! :thumbsup:

Eugene Martin

Jul 29, 2007
Re: Chino Valley, Az Hunting Pals Wanted

TQA Chick In Chino Valley said:
(Apologies, updated acct...reposted here)

Okay...I am "back" and finally finished relocating back to Az, which I missed a bunch. I had only a couple intro noob posts half a dozen months back when I scored a MD from my step father (Bounty Hunter - the MD, not the step!) and pulled up a 14k gold nugget ring out the back yard...but things got boring/hectic (it happened) and I've not been able to do anything else until we moved.

Now I am released from previous nonsense and ready to get out and about and start treasure questing in a slew of novel, fun ways!

Moved to CV and getting settled. I know nobody in this area. My son's already made half a dozen new friends and I've yet to meet my first! Kinda scarey. Anyway, if you're around and open to meeting someone else new, making another bud, please say hi. I am looking forward to getting out with the BH and seeing what can be found...but as you all know, it's not so fun all alone.

Help a girl out! Thanks! ;-p

Stacey in Chino

PS And if you are, or know of anyone who is also interested in puzzle hunts, scavenger hunts and treasure quests, please get in touch. I am sincerely looking for a partner in crime...IM me for more info on that so I don't hijack the forum! :thumbsup:

Hello Stacey
Welcome back! I will not be much help, I'm in Phoenix, but you are in a very good location with a lot of lost mines and treasures. A lot of abandon mines to, be very careful and look before you step into or out of brush for mines and snakes, use a walking stick for probing.
GOOD LUCK
Eugene

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    9 KB · Views: 429

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
NM/AZ/CA/Co/Utah & P.I. Tx.

Say Paratrooper:
Nice Find!
I found one of those "Pin Fire Cartridges" myself,
in The
"Tumacacori Mnts",
A couple of years ago, by an old Spanish Mine Tunnel
I, also found a hand made "Button" ( made of a "Rounded Rock" ) by The Mine's Mission Bldg
This Mine & Mission date back to the 1700's
No telling how old these are ?

rick.ther

Aug 7, 2005
no. cal
Detector(s) used
whites, fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

hey, glad to have more thers around. alot of fun.
I live in paulden and do mostly prospecting but have had fun mding in the hills.
good luck with the finds. rick :coffee2:

Eugene Martin

Jul 29, 2007

cptbild said:
Say Paratrooper:
Nice Find!
I found one of those "Pin Fire Cartridges" myself,
in The
"Tumacacori Mnts",
A couple of years ago, by an old Spanish Mine Tunnel
I, also found a hand made "Button" ( made of a "Rounded Rock" ) by The Mine's Mission Bldg
This Mine & Mission date back to the 1700's
No telling how old these are ?

cptbild,
This shell is actually a rim fire 50/70 used by united states cavalry from 1860's to the 1890's. A Yavapai style arrow head that was used by the Apache during the same time period, it was found within 20' of the shell on a switchback.
Note: the indention's on cartridge seem to be those made from incisor teeth.

Eugene

P

pippinwhitepaws

:-X

hey gene, how you doing?

forgot to add on topic...
i have found the smokies in the prescott region to be a mite pissie about using a metal detector out side of a creek bottom...
also, the VA police get reallllllly pissie if you go dig up the old dump at the edge of Ft whipple...seems the hospitial used to deposit veterans legs and arms out there...

Eugene Martin

Jul 29, 2007

paratrooper said:
Eugene Martin said:
Paratrooper,

AIRBORNE!!!

Eugene

ALL THE WAY !!!!
Hello Paratrooper,

I served with the 82nd from 1967-69 w/ the first of the 504th, the first Cav. Div. 7th cavalry in NAM, then back to fort Bragg w/ the 2nd of the505th till 1974.
what years and unit did you serve?

AIRBORNE!!!
Eugene

Eugene Martin

Jul 29, 2007

pippinwhitepaws said:
:-X

hey gene, how you doing?

forgot to add on topic...
i have found the smokies in the prescott region to be a mite pissie about using a metal detector out side of a creek bottom...
also, the VA police get reallllllly pissie if you go dig up the old dump at the edge of Ft whipple...seems the hospitial used to deposit veterans legs and arms out there...
Pippin,
Don't worry, our finds are securely documented and turned over to the officials. we're not the ones you need to worry about. We report the disturbed sites.

Eugene

P

pippinwhitepaws

no worries about you gene...you are one of the good people on this earth. :thumbsup:

Eugene Martin

Jul 29, 2007

pippinwhitepaws said:
no worries about you gene...you are one of the good people on this earth. :thumbsup:
Pippin,

Thank You. And I believe the same of you, or you wouldnt of worried about it.

Eugene

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ

Eugene Martin said:
paratrooper said:
Eugene Martin said:
Paratrooper,

AIRBORNE!!!

Eugene

ALL THE WAY !!!!
Hello Paratrooper,

I served with the 82nd from 1967-69 w/ the first of the 504th, the first Cav. Div. 7th cavalry in NAM, then back to fort Bragg w/ the 2nd of the505th till 1974.

AIRBORNE!!!
Eugene
[/quote

Never got to Division . I graduated Benning and was promptly shipped to Fort Richardson Alaska . There were 2 jump companies stationed in Alaska at the time . My unit "C" Co. (ABN) 4/23/172nd INF. BRIGADE (MECH) and "C" Co. (ABN) 4/9/172nd INF. BRIGADE (MECH) . We were outside Anchorage and C/4/9 was at Fort Wainright outside Fairbanks . Served '63 to '66 and have been trying to get warm again ever since . If you want you can get on a site many of us are on . www.usparatroopers.us . AIRBORNE!!!

Eugene Martin

Jul 29, 2007

paratrooper said:
Eugene Martin said:
paratrooper said:
Eugene Martin said:
Paratrooper,

AIRBORNE!!!

Eugene

ALL THE WAY !!!!
Hello Paratrooper,

AIRBORNE!!!
Eugene
[/quote

Never got to Division . I graduated Benning and was promptly shipped to Fort Richardson Alaska . There were 2 jump companies stationed in Alaska at the time . My unit "C" Co. (ABN) 4/23/172nd INF. BRIGADE (MECH) and "C" Co. (ABN) 4/9/172nd INF. BRIGADE (MECH) . We were outside Anchorage and C/4/9 was at Fort Wainright outside Fairbanks . Served '63 to '66 and have been trying to get warm again ever since . If you want you can get on a site many of us are on . www.usparatroopers.us . AIRBORNE!!!
Hello Paratrooper
When I was younger, I wanted to go to Alaska and try my luck at prospecting up there, But northern Arizona in winter is more cold than I ever want to feel in my getting old bones. It don't sound like you had much fun up there. Did you ever jump in winter up there, and if so, what was that Like? The coldest I ever jumped was at Benning on my fifth, It was like jumping into ice water.
Eugene

Eugene Martin

Jul 29, 2007

Eugene Martin said:
paratrooper said:
Eugene Martin said:
paratrooper said:
Eugene Martin said:
Paratrooper,

AIRBORNE!!!

Eugene

ALL THE WAY !!!!
Hello Paratrooper,

AIRBORNE!!!
Eugene
[/quote

Hello Paratrooper
When I was younger, I wanted to go to Alaska and try my luck at prospecting up there, But northern Arizona in winter is more cold than I ever want to feel in my getting old bones. It don't sound like you had much fun up there. Did you ever jump in winter up there, and if so, what was that Like? The coldest I ever jumped was at Benning on my fifth, It was like jumping into ice water.
Eugene
Paratrooper
I'm getting old! "ALL THE WAY! " Brother!
Eugene

BLACKFOOT

Jan 17, 2007
Heavener oklahoma
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug2

see the little round circle in the CENTER of the cartridge? that makes it a centerfire not a rimfire.

Wizzard

May 3, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
MineLab Quattro

Blackfoot is quite correct - it's a centerfile round - very much like the ones I have found pictured here

I'd guess it's a 45-70 though and not a 50-70. The U.S. Army (Calvary) used almost exclusivly the 45-70 450
grain carbine round and the 45-70 500 grain rifle round during the 1870's - 1890's time frame.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,225920.0.html

Eugene Martin

Jul 29, 2007

Wizzard said:
Blackfoot is quite correct - it's a centerfile round - very much like the ones I have found pictured here

I'd guess it's a 45-70 though and not a 50-70. The U.S. Army (Calvary) used almost exclusivly the 45-70 450
grain carbine round and the 45-70 500 grain rifle round during the 1870's - 1890's time frame.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,225920.0.html
blackfoot & wizzard

I'm always up for a descent debate, but I'm still gonna take the word of the archeologist it was deposited with.

From what I had noticed though, the mark is from the firing pin impact and was just slightly off center. The entire rim is the primer

Thank you for the input and for arguments sake I will be making another inquire about it when I get some free time

Eugene

Wizzard

May 3, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
MineLab Quattro

blackfoot & wizzard

I'm always up for a descent debate,

As I am as well, decent debates as a rarity in this day and age. I think I have picture or two of some headstamps. If I find them, I'll post them and we can see where the firing pin has struck the cartridge.

Appreciate your not taking offence with my post!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread