Finally made a decision on what metal detector to buy . . .

Skywola

Jul 5, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
After doing quite a bit of research online, I wanted to get a Minelab 2200, and called several places
to try to find one, but no one had one. Finally I got around to calling Dan at Promack in Apache Junction and
he said he may be able to get one, call him tomorrow. So the next day I called him and he said that he
had called Minelab, and that they said that they had stopped production on the 2200, that all they were
shipping were detectors that were already bought. So nix on the minelab, short of getting a used one, which
I did not want to do. Dan said that he had a detector that was made by the same person who developed
the minelab, so I decided I would go take a look at it. This detector (Whites TDI) is so similar to the minelab SD2200, he said you can use the SD minelab coils on it. He uses this detector himself, and favors it over the
Minelab GPX 4500. I was dead set on getting a good pulse induction detector, so I decided this was the way
I was going to go, and got a Whites TDI. It runs about $100 cheaper than the Mi
nelab 2200. I had not
heard of the Whites TDI, and never found it online while I was doing research . . . but having looked for it
specifically online, I found some good reviews for it.

Well, that means I'll be headed out to Mill Creek in the Bradshaws this weekend . . . . possibly longer . . . I'll be on vacation for a week! Hopefully I'll have some gold in my pocket when I head back! :laughing7:

Zectron2348

Aug 8, 2009
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT DFX MXT, many Minelabs, many Fishers, Tesoro Bandido, Lobo, Cortez, efx ground MX400, Treasure Commander TC2X, original Bounty Hunter Red Baron, and many more!
Will be interesting to read your reports on your experiences with the TDI.

I have been told repeatedly over the years, by many many old timers with a lot of experience detecting the Arizona outdoors, that the Tesoro Lobo ST was their detector of choice. Now of course serious serious Gold prospectors may often choose one of the high dollar Minelab machines specifically for Gold prospecting, but over and over again I am told the Lobo ST is the best bang for the buck if you like wondering around the Arizona outdoors looking for stuff. Light weight, easy transport, powerful, and just works well in the sandy soil out here.

I have had three Lobos in the past, but mainly used them for jewelry hunting in totlots. Great machines, and dynamite on coins and jewelry alike. Soon as I can afford it, .................. I'm going to get another.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread