Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Pack rat leaves something.
O.K. he drops the prize he was toting to pick up newer "pretty".
Let the old desert rat poke around.
If he gets rich off it and brags to much ,he deserves to get taxed, or worse put in an office.

S

stefen

To me, ethics provides me the opportunity to form a moral foundation which to live by...

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The only ethics you have to believe in what are in side of you.
Ethics can and will change per situation.
Who can say they own the earth.
Who owns the dirt, air, and water. Who owns the wildlife.
Sure is not who thinks they do.

JeromeAz

May 31, 2013
Good question! Government says we can't dig relics, metal detect, ect. ect. All this public land, who owns it? The American people. Who does the government work for? The American people. Why is it that it doesn't seem to be working that way. A big mining company takes our public land and builds a mine and we have to keep out. Why? Its our land! We sneak in find some nice rocks, gold, copper or whatever and take it. Is it stealing? No! Its our land. Why can't people dig up relics? Government afraid we might dig up something they don't have? Most relics are in museums, universities and government warehouses. Some items people will never see. So what little that's left, let people dig it up. Let people metal detect where they want. What's it going to hurt? As long as they're filling in they're holes. Government afraid we're going to dig up the national treasure? Not! Tired of seeing No Trespassing signs on State land! County land! City land! Who pays for that land? We do! I'm just rambling on but that's my 2¢! NSA, read this, Piss Off!

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trying throwing some arrow heads on a construction site and calling your local Archi. Have them busy checking every dig site. I think Illinois has a law for every 10 ft. of dig they have to ck. it out.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That would be cool to watch that but not for the workers.
That came close for eme once when working up in South Dakota. We where working for a company putting up a new hospital.
Found a bone when using the hoe.Backhoe,the big one.Boss took it,put it in his truck,and drove off.
I asked what he was doing and the leed man said if a bone is found on a site,they will close it down until they figure out what is from,how long ago, and if it belongs to or is ruminants from a previous people.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Your welcome.Called her and am meeting her at the museum saturday.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so..i guess it is ok for people to destroy and rob native American sites in arizona...but not ok for me to comment on the topic.

how strange...

No It not right for you to accuse people of being thief's without proof. And you do it again and you can say good bye. Nothing wrong with morals and ethics and doing the right thing. But you are not to belittle and make false accusations against other members. Understand that because if you do not you may leave now.

Gee as I was posting this moderation was a step ahead.

Last edited:

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Pippin, how'd you do on the blue stones?? Got any fine gem silica for sale??

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do morals and beer mix? :occasion14:

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's why I stay away from Fed and State Property.

OP
OP
pippinwhitepaws
Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
74% of Arizona is federal property...national forest, national park, national monuments, indian reservations, military reservations, assorted federal observatories...ect.
of the remaining 26% of Arizona, 14 % is private property...and even there one does not have water rights, mineral rights or an expressed right to dig with impunity.

that is reality and law....not an opinion.

OP
OP
pippinwhitepaws
Jan 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
35.049071 112.5581

those are grid coordinates...do google earth them...first thing one notices is the entire area is BLM/state land/indian rez/national monument, and national forest...with some spots of private property mixed in...

Last edited:

JeromeAz

May 31, 2013
74% of Arizona is federal property...national forest, national park, national monuments, indian reservations, military reservations, assorted federal observatories...ect.
of the remaining 26% of Arizona, 14 % is private property...and even there one does not have water rights, mineral rights or an expressed right to dig with impunity.

that is reality and law....not an opinion.

Glad to see you back Pip!

Yeah not much property left here. Talk Radio keeps saying the government should sell the National Parks. I'll take the mansion in Jerome! Lol!

OP
OP
pippinwhitepaws
Jan 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
thanks jerome... feds will never give up control in the southwest...it was teddy roosevelt. poster boy conservative, who created the situation out here...
Yellowstone and Yosemite had been turned into trash dumps an cattle ranches...conservation was critical to the united states at the time...conservatives created the forest and park system to preserve-prevent further looting of the nations resources...flora fauna and prehistoric items.
mesa verde looted.
chaco canyon looted
canyon de chelly looted
homolovi looted
montezuma castle looted
casa grande looted
walnut canyon looted {tourists used dynamite to blow out wall of prehistoric dwelling to allow light to conduct digging for artifact parties.
i can go on...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread