Mysteries in the Mountains

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Has anyone done any research on a story/legend about a Spanish Treasure pack train,
heading south, camping near a spring, when one of the members
was wondering around, found a small opening
There was a fairly well used trail, that is what lead him to find it
Anyhow, he entered the opening and found a large size cavern, just a short ways into the
cave
He reported that the walls "glistened like Red/silver stars"!
The sample of the "wall" that he brought out was later ID'd as what we call today, "Ruby Silver"
This "campsite" and "SilverCavern", I have found out, is a couple of miles, &, I mean 2-3 miles, north of the border
Near "Pajarito Peak"
Which can be seen from the campsite!
I have the location down pretty close
I am just looking for confirmation of my area !
ANY HELP ?

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Why don't you give it up!
You Know Buck:
I still have, way back in my "Saved T'Net Posts"
The one where you said that I never show up!
And !
Reminded you, that you had told me, at the restaurant, that you were going to head north that week end,
For some nugget shooting !
And!
You said that you did remember that!
Remember Now ? ;D

Wizzard

May 3, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
MineLab Quattro
It might be nice to take the petty, childish squabbles to PM's so the rest of us don't have to wade through them to get to the topics of the threads.

Why don't you two take this B.S. to private e-mail or PM's ?????

I see where the moderator/admin as already asked for this type of behavier to stop.Which, the both of you have choosen to ignore. Keep it up and I'll be looking for the mod/admin to issue a month's time out.

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
Hello Boogeyman :icon_sunny: i went out for a few days doing a bit of recon on the lost pick :stop:it is getting a bit warm out there :thumbsup:I do think that I will rest up a day or two may head down to Indian school get a B.D. meal there :coffee2:it is kind of slick but good see that cpl bil & you are still xchangeing posts with each other :offtheair: could YOU TELL HIM THAT MY NAME IS JUST OLE BUCK THERE IS NO MR. IN IT LATER MY GOOD MAN :thumbsup:BUCK

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buck said:
Hello Boogeyman :icon_sunny: i went out for a few days doing a bit of recon on the lost pick :stop:it is getting a bit warm out there :thumbsup:I do think that I will rest up a day or two may head down to Indian school get a B.D. meal there :coffee2:it is kind of slick but good see that cpl bil & you are still xchangeing posts with each other :offtheair: could YOU TELL HIM THAT MY NAME IS JUST OLE BUCK THERE IS NO MR. IN IT LATER MY GOOD MAN :thumbsup:BUCK

Hear that! was down by LSD it was ok until the breeze stopped! I'd tell Mr. Deney, but he can't answer a simple question without a bunch of diversions, can't get him to call you Buck as requested, can't get him to respond without childish responses. Guess some people are untrainable & don't play well with others :wink: :-\ Did you find your 1905 map? I'll Look in my collection when I get back in. Talk to you later my friend!

BTW Check out the post a couple back by Wizzard. Might solve your map problem. The guy found a great one!

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
JUST READ YOUR POST. YEA I FOUND A 1905 MAP THANK YOU WISSARD. I AM NOT REAL SURE BUT I THINK THAT I HAVE THE LOCATION PINED DOWN.IT IS LOOKS TO ON BLM LAND. WILL KNOW MORE LATER NOT SURE . LATER BUCK

whitt459

Feb 20, 2006
cptbil--- you will have to pull engine from jeep to change cam bearnings,plus you will need special tools to remove and install new bearnings,the intake +timeing gear cover must be removed along with the valve lifters. this is not a complicated job but does take some knowledge of engine repair,hope this is a help to you godbless an be safe. whitt459

DSRTXJ

Jun 3, 2008
Palm Springs, Ca
Hmmmmm.... I'm planning a couple 2 week long trips to AZ this fall/winter... I think this might be the concentration of one of the trips now. I wonder how dangerous it is with all the drug smuggling and what not going on at the border??

aquadood

Tenderfoot
Apr 16, 2006
It depends on the area. However, it is always a good idea to travel in groups and carry a weapon.

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
WITT459:
Thanks !!
& Yep!
I am right in the middle of that...I have pulled the cam & (pushed)the bearings and will be replacing it with an "Edelbrock" Cam that is supposed to
increase low speed torque .... good for heavy 4x4'ing :tongue3:
BUT!
It will also INCREASE the MPG on the highway! :icon_sunny:
Along with increasing the MPG,
I am also going to be installing a "Hydrogen Generator" to (hopefully) get a few more MPGs :thumbsup:

DSRTXJ:
The "Border Area" is alive with Illegals, Drug Smugglers, &! Even "Terrorists" :o
crossing over, by day and night
GO ARMED!
And!
By all means have a good "Watch DOG!"
One, that alerts ! (BARKS) you to unwelcome company
One of the best, that I had was, a medium size "Heeler"
She could hear/smell, a "grasshopper" @ 100 yds! :wink:

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would sure like to get out there and see that portal.

Attachments

• God of Thunder.jpg
    God of Thunder.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 273
OP
OP
E

elkman13

Aug 24, 2003
I would sure like to get out there and see that portal.
I think I asked that question about 6 years ago. Never did get and answer, Cptbild said it was there. I read it fell down. He said it was still up?? You would think now days someone who has been there could give a GPS coordinates.

Last edited:

JeromeAz

May 31, 2013
I think I asked that question about 6 years ago. Never did get and answer, Cptbild said it was there. I read it fell down. He said it was still up?? You would think now days someone who has been there could give a GPS coordinates.

I read the guy's story. Googled him and found more sites with his story. One said the arch fell. They went back years later and there was another arch there. Not as tall as the first one. Pretty strange! Definitely a mystery!

IMPDLN

Mar 18, 2014
Central Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2100 V-2, Gold Bug SE, SDC2300, GPX4500
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No offense here guys, but me thinks some folks been out in the desert sun toooooo long......or they been drinking tooooo much peyote tea at night. Dennis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread