Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Cibola Or NOT?????????

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2011
    Florida, Virginia
    White's MXT,BH
    44 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Cibola Or NOT?????????

Found this picture while searching pics of the Grand Canyon, just off to the right is a structure in the mountain side with what looks like stairs and a door opening. Will try to post another picture of that later......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cibola.jpg 
Views:	20650 
Size:	581.6 KB 
ID:	497307   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cibola1.jpg 
Views:	2471 
Size:	122.5 KB 
ID:	497308  
    EquipDesign likes this.
    Famous Last Words: HOLD MY BEER!

pw
    Apr 2003
    New Mexico
    BS
    1335 times

Re: Cibola Or NOT?????????

Nice picture, but I see nothing of interest in the circled areas - just rocks and shadows. Better, closer photos would be needed if you need to examine them further. Buy the way, why do you say 'Cibola'?
    ​Adios, amigos - it's been interesting.

us
    Jan 2011
    Florida, Virginia
    White's MXT,BH
    44 times

Quote Originally Posted by Springfield
    Nice picture, but I see nothing of interest in the circled areas - just rocks and shadows. Better, closer photos would be needed if you need to examine them further. Buy the way, why do you say 'Cibola'?
    You need to look a little harder, come with all the crap that people on here say that they see in pictures of hearts and animal picture trying to find The Lost Dutchman. Here you say you see nothing, WHATEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

us
    Pirate of the Martires

Feb 2005
    Port Richey, Florida
    Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
    1430 times
    Shipwrecks

I see Jesus.

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11777 times

Relax DT: You asked for opinions, so don't be upset to receive them, even if they may not agree wth your's.. I for one, see your 'stairs' quite clearly, but unfortunately they are simply erosion of the strata. Follow each step (?) to the left or right and you will see a layer coresponding to them.

Incidentially, each step would probably be perhaps 10 ft high.

I agree, you did a surperb job in spotting the layer / steps. Keep it up my friend, but remember Cibola was a large settlment.

Don Jose de La Mancha
    "I exist to live, not live to exist"

pw
    Apr 2003
    New Mexico
    BS
    1335 times

Quote Originally Posted by dtpost
    You need to look a little harder, come with all the crap that people on here say that they see in pictures of hearts and animal picture trying to find The Lost Dutchman. Here you say you see nothing, WHATEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sorry, DT, but I'm not a proponent of using pareidolia as a 'treasure hunting' tool. Not that we can't find rocks that resemble other things - we can, by the thousands, everywhere. However, for me personally, I'll stick with locating man made clues as a reason to proceed. It increases your odds by many orders of magnitude, IMO.

I think the Grand Canyon is an excellent venue for searching for places of mystery, what with the Hopi mythology, et al. Having once spent a week down there in obscure side canyons, I know that much of the canyon has never been walked on - by white folk anyway.
    ​Adios, amigos - it's been interesting.

us
    Jan 2011
    Florida, Virginia
    White's MXT,BH
    44 times

Quote Originally Posted by Springfield
    Quote Originally Posted by dtpost
    Sorry, DT, but I'm not a proponent of using pareidolia as a 'treasure hunting' tool. Not that we can't find rocks that resemble other things - we can, by the thousands, everywhere. However, for me personally, I'll stick with locating man made clues as a reason to proceed. It increases your odds by many orders of magnitude, IMO.

I think the Grand Canyon is an excellent venue for searching for places of mystery, what with the Hopi mythology, et al. Having once spent a week down there in obscure side canyons, I know that much of the canyon has never been walked on - by white folk anyway.
    Hey it's cool guys just thought it was interesting when I saw these things and thought I would post it!!

us
    Living the WP

Apr 2006
    Chesterfield, Va.
    Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
    2217 times

I was taught that i grew up near the seven cities. How about you Springfield? Anyway, I have worked places that have had alot of things I wish I had taken pictures of, and researched better. I am surpised that we see a young fella that pays attn, Because I definately did not when I was young. Think about the cliff dwellings that must be in that canyon. Keep your eyes open DT, I think that Don Jose has it right on this one but stay aware!
    Thomas Paine-
    "Government even in its best state is but a necessary evil," Paine wrote, and "in its worst state an intolerable one." Like many Americans today, Paine believed that government added insult to injury by using tax dollars in ways that were actually harmful to the public. "When we suffer," wrote Paine, "or are exposed to the same miseries by a government which we might expect in a country without government, our calamities are heightened by reflecting that we furnish the means by which we suffer." To Paine, "securing freedom and property to all men, and, above all things, freedom of religion," were the only legitimate functions of government. Americans generally agreed, and went to war to achieve this vision.
    http://mises.org/freemarket_detail.aspx?control=233

"People whose lives are barren and insecure seem to show a greater willingness to obey than people who are self-sufficient and self-confident. To the frustrated, freedom from responsibility is more attractive than freedom from restraint. They are eager to barter their independence for relief of the burdens of willing, deciding and being responsible for inevitable failure. They willingly abdicate the directing of their lives to those who want to plan, command and shoulder all responsibility." ~Eric Hoffer “The True Believer”

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. --Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

us
    Jan 2011
    Florida, Virginia
    White's MXT,BH
    44 times

These cave dwellings
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cavedwellings.jpg 
Views:	1897 
Size:	226.6 KB 
ID:	497581  

us
    Seeker of lost treasure's

Oct 2005
    C.R. HKt.B Sometimes there's not a right way, or a wrong way. Sometimes there's only one way.
    80 times

Interesting picture depost, I clearly see what appears to be a structure ( abode )
    with stairs coming up to it. And the doorway to the right of the structure.

To the right of the picture, would I be right, in that the face you have in the circle,
    is facing right. Would be left on the rock.

The door and square, at top of the picture is obvious.

As I said, interesting picture. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Roadquest
    Sometime's there's not a right way, or a wrong way.
    Sometime's there's only one way.

Where there is no economy, people will create one.

No one rule fit's all

'' 17 Tons of Gold in New Mexico " Thread started in 2005.

us
    Jan 2011
    Florida, Virginia
    White's MXT,BH
    44 times

Quote Originally Posted by Roadquest
    Interesting picture depost, I clearly see what appears to be a structure ( abode )
    with stairs coming up to it. And the doorway to the right of the structure.

To the right of the picture, would I be right, in that the face you have in the circle,
    is facing right. Would be left on the rock.

The door and square, at top of the picture is obvious.

As I said, interesting picture. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Roadquest
    Yes the face is left on the stone, I also posted a picture of the cave dwellings. The second arrow moving from left to right on the first picture there is a face of an animal, can't say what type of animal it is though. The (adobe) as you pointed out looks like it was an original part of the rocks, but you can't mistake the stairs. They are flat and look to be cut into the side of the face of the mountain. As someone pointed out Cibola was a big place, and yes so is the Grand Canyon

us
    Living the WP

Apr 2006
    Chesterfield, Va.
    Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
    2217 times

Dt, we were taught that the seven cities of cibola were a misinterperatation and that the spaniards came up the center of New Mexico, I have seen Spanish writing and found a spanish bit on a packrat nest. Wish we had the internet as a resource back then. As I was a young fella,, I wonder what my dad would have noticed. East of us, on some mesas fairly close to buffalo wallows,, and on some mesas near a ranch where we had some really good friends.
    Trying to draw my dad into this, lets see what he says.
    Thomas Paine-
    "Government even in its best state is but a necessary evil," Paine wrote, and "in its worst state an intolerable one." Like many Americans today, Paine believed that government added insult to injury by using tax dollars in ways that were actually harmful to the public. "When we suffer," wrote Paine, "or are exposed to the same miseries by a government which we might expect in a country without government, our calamities are heightened by reflecting that we furnish the means by which we suffer." To Paine, "securing freedom and property to all men, and, above all things, freedom of religion," were the only legitimate functions of government. Americans generally agreed, and went to war to achieve this vision.
    http://mises.org/freemarket_detail.aspx?control=233

"People whose lives are barren and insecure seem to show a greater willingness to obey than people who are self-sufficient and self-confident. To the frustrated, freedom from responsibility is more attractive than freedom from restraint. They are eager to barter their independence for relief of the burdens of willing, deciding and being responsible for inevitable failure. They willingly abdicate the directing of their lives to those who want to plan, command and shoulder all responsibility." ~Eric Hoffer “The True Believer”

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. --Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11777 times

DT: you posted --> These cave dwellings
    Thats cheating, I would love to examine them. I wonder how many kiddies they lost there?

Don Jose de La Mancha
    "I exist to live, not live to exist"

us
    Jan 2011
    Florida, Virginia
    White's MXT,BH
    44 times

Quote Originally Posted by Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
    DT: you posted --> These cave dwellings
    Thats cheating, I would love to examine them. I wonder how many kiddies they lost there?

Don Jose de La Mancha
    lol

us
    Feb 2006
    New Hampshire - USA
    Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
    2050 times
    Banner Finds (1)

I must just not have a very vivid imagination. The only thing I clearly see is the phenomenal photo of the cliff dwellings. Those look fantastic and in remarkably good condition!

Everything else I have to REALLY stretch my mind to make it look like anything more than just rocks and shadows. It would seem that most of the things you're trying to point out (stairs, doorways, adobes) would be far too enormous if you look at the perspective of things from the photo.

The close-up photo of the cliff dwellings - is that area shown from a distance in any of the first two photos?
    "There is no getting away from a treasure that once fastens upon your mind" - Joseph Conrad (Nostromo)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links