Was The Atom Bomb On Japan Necessary?Read This!

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning: I see that my post of yesterday didn't make it, my fault. However I will re-post some of the data.

One must remember that the Japanese had 'never' lost a battle or war to anyone when WW-2 started. Guadalcanal & the coral Sea battles were the first defeats in their entire history.

They effectively considered themselves to be superior to all others. They lived by the Bushido code. In this a surrendered person was less than human and had no rights, including life itself.

Their Chinese Army was huge and fully equipped. so was the Manchurian segment. They were an extremely potent force.

They fully expected that the invasion of Japan would give tremendous casualties, so great that combined with their still intact armies, the Allies would seek a 'Peace' negotiation rather then a flat surrender. They expected to keep their gains in china, and in what was formerly French Indo China.

So simple negotiations or demonstrations of Atomic possibilities played no part in their long range plans, they needed a full scale invasion of Japan and it's blood bath to reach their goal of a 'Peace' negotiation. Surrender was 'NOT" an option.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Mark: That it did. When the highest of them realized that there would be no need to invade Japan to destroy her. Her aces and eights were no match of the US's Royal Flush. There would be no blood bath of the allied troops, hence no bargaining power.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
I found an interesting memo from 1945 which deals with this issue.

Attachments

• technical demonstration.jpg
    technical demonstration.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 274

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread