CZ-20 is here! Happy - Angry & Frustrated!

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
CZ-20 is here! Happy - Angry & Frustrated!

The Fedex truck stopped at my house this afternoon and I was jumping up and down. Oh happy HAPPY DAY! It's here it's here it's here! I was so happy! I put it together all the while trying to figure out in my mind when I could take it out and find some GOLD! I have several doctor appointments for both my husband and myself so I was really trying to figure out a way to take it out. I need not have bothered! All put together and nothing. I mean NOTHING! No sound, won't turn on NOTHING! Now I'm almost crying with frustration. I got on the phone right away and called Felix in Texas and told him, he transfered me to the tech (Daniel). He said well, not much we can do about it - send it back in. WHAT! I have to send it back in? I asked him was there anywhere else I could take it here in Florida. I would drive darn near anywhere to have it checked out. He said no, I have to send it back to Texas. I said you guys have had this machine for almost 2 months already. How long will it take this time. He said he didn't know. I said I have a big hunt coming up the first week of April and I really needed it for that. He said well he was sorry but I would have to send it in and he doesn't know how long it will take! I am so darn frustrated about this and I just told my husband that if it does not come back working next time - I am going to take them to see Judge Judy! So much for a lifetime garantee! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa >:(

Upvote 0

JoeSWFla

Jun 15, 2007
Re: CZ-20 is here! Happy - Angry & Frustrated!

Hi Mumzie,Like another person said,check everything in the battery compartment ,
the batteries,the battery pack,and the leads and connector.It would be nice if
you could borrow a battery pack from someone for a minute to see if it works.
Even if the batteries are good,the pack and leads can be defective.Good luck
on this matter.Sorry to hear of the poor service and response of a once great
company.HH Joe

shadow0966

Sep 20, 2006
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX300,Tesoro Tejon

:o Well I was thinkin of a new water machine (cz-21) till now.
They can kiss my service goodbye, I will go with my second choice . WHITES here I come !

Truly sorry to here about your misfortune mumzie :(

mcmurphi

Feb 5, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX • Fisher CZ-21

Mumzie,

I read your posts and have been following your story. It is really too bad this has happened.....maybe the lemon will make lemonade somehow. I don't know how else to look at it. Stay as positive as you can and just hang in there. I have corresponded with Felix before and I just may send him a nice email.

mcmurphi

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have a CZ20 and though it was in a hard case when I traveled to the Bahamas last year, when I got there it was DEAD!!

Turned out that for some reason one of the wire leads shook loose from the battery pack. You might want to check that - it's a weak spot imho to the detector in that you're always having to move that connection around when you replace the batteries - it only takes one bend too many to lose the connection.

I was able to connect the wire temporarily while on my trip and then just soldered it when I got home.

I worry that one of these days I'm going to need to send in my CZ20 for something too - I'm seriously considering getting it all cleaned up and selling it on Ebay - not having any problems with it, but I don't think I want to deal with the costs and poor customer service if I do have some.

The Whites BH-ID 300 has my interest these days - I know someone who raves about his, and from what I've heard White's customer service is absolutely excellent.

Good luck - hope it's something you can figure out before you have to send it back.

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida

Well it's sitting there all boxed up and ready to go back. Fedex was supposed to pick it up Friday - they didn't. So I thought well they would come pick it up on Saturday - they didn't. Sooooo I called Fedex and now they tell me they will pick it up on Monday. Is it me? OR am I slated to have problems with any and everything concerning the CZ-20? ???

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer

I deal with a reputable company out of Garland,Texas. I have always had great service in a timely manner from them. If they could not repair the item, they would replace it at no additional cost.

The company is under the dealer part of this forum. I'm not advertising for them, I just happen to be a satisfied customer.

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida

Seamuss said:
I deal with a reputable company out of Garland,Texas. I have always had great service in a timely manner from them. If they could not repair the item, they would replace it at no additional cost.

The company is under the dealer part of this forum. I'm not advertising for them, I just happen to be a satisfied customer.

Sounds like Garrett to me and I have a Garrett GTI 1500 also. Yes they are great but my water detector is the Fisher CZ-20. I would recommend Garrett to anyone but I would have a hard time recommending Fisher to anyone from now on!

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Detector(s) used

mumszie said:
Seamuss said:

Sounds like Garrett to me and I have a Garrett GTI 1500 also. Yes they are great but my water detector is the Fisher CZ-20. I would recommend Garrett to anyone but I would have a hard time recommending Fisher to anyone from now on!
Bingo, I have the Garrett Scorpion and the coil can get wet. I have the double D coil.

That company will treat you right.

Fisher sounds fishy to me.

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Greencovesprings, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

If I were you I would switch brands...get a Tesoro...Lifetime garuntee!!

larry

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida

Larsmed said:
If I were you I would switch brands...get a Tesoro...Lifetime garuntee!!

larry

Well my CZ-20 has a lifetime garantee too! And look what I'm going through. The newest info is.... I recieved a phone call from the tech that is supposed to be working on it on the 6th of April and he wanted to know what was wrong with it! DUH! IT DOESN'T WORK! I told them when I first got it and not 45 minutes later I was on the phone with them telling them that it STILL didn't work! They said to send it back in.... I did and what happens? I get a phone call wanting to know what is wrong with it! DUH and double DUH. Meanwhile....... I am STILL waiting.

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Detector(s) used

Fisher sounds very fishy to me. Garrett, Tesorro, and Whites are really sounding better all the time.

Mumzie, I wish you luck for results soon.

Cachefinder

Dec 22, 2008
ARIZONA
Detector(s) used
lucky horseshoe

KellyCo has always worked out things ----
......... Quickly for ME.

Next time consider/........

Cachefinder-

scrooge

May 3, 2008
Treasure Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Dual Field,Whites PI Pro,Whites SurfMaster II- Tesoro Silver Saber uMAX-Garrett Infinium LS

Mumszie , I hope it works out for. I had to ship my Garrett LS back yesterday for repairs after only 9 months. Thank goodness I have a 17 year old Whites that yet to let me down...............

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6

Mumszie,

So sorry to hear of all the problems you are having with your detector. I would be livid also if, after two months, the MD arrived Dead On Arrival.

Sounds like those folks in Texas must be on drugs. You should make an effort to contact the head of the company and direct your complaint there. If I was in his/her position I would want to know about this shoddy service and poor treatment of a customer.

Best of luck to you in getting the matter resolved.

Ray S

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions