Beach, Ground balancing

HenrikG

Tenderfoot
Apr 13, 2009
Hi all

I am new to metaldetecting, and was on my first beach hunt today.
I went to Daytona Beach and tryed to ground balance my Fisher f4..... Did not do to well !!
In the dry sand it's fine, but when i go to the wet sand, i can't ground balance...
I know there is a lot of mineralisation in the ground by the water , but when pumping my F4 is just keeps making a lot of noise.
Even when i turn it all the way down, i keep getting false signals every were...
I'm i dooing anything thing wrong???
I have been looking at this video:
and i am dooing the same thing
Hope you can help, as I am gooing out again tomorrow (tuesday)

I am using a Fisher F4 with a double D 11" coil

Hope you understand me and my english, i am from Denmark but live in the US

Best regards
Henrik
Btw: found a lot of coins, 1 gold earring, 1 gold necklace and all the foil, pull taps in the world ;D ... nice first time

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H

HenrikG

Tenderfoot
Apr 13, 2009
got some heavy rain and wind here... but thanks god no tornado
Why is the weather like this, when i got 2 days in Daytona :icon_scratch: :-\ ???
Come on sun :icon_sunny:

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
You aren't out of the woods, yet. As the front pushes south, it will force the mess out by Gainesville and Ocala towards your area. Good luck and happy hunting. Sounds like you should take the afternoon to visit Kellyco in Winterpark.

OP
OP
H

HenrikG

Tenderfoot
Apr 13, 2009
I have allready been there... bought me MD there..
I will be at the beach later today, rain.. storm... thunder.. tornado... i dont care ;D :tongue3:

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think it's possible. My White's machine has auto ground balance, yet it will typically go NUTS around the wet sand. I can run it in the waves and in the water (not too deep, as it's not waterproof)... but it's just that area with the wet sand, between the water and the dry sand that it never stabilizes.

Bran <><

OP
OP
H

HenrikG

Tenderfoot
Apr 13, 2009
OK thanks.. the Fisher F4 do have manuel ground balance, bit still cant get it low enough to stabilize... sounds like the same problem, but i didn't try to get it in the water

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I believe they have stated before that you need a PI machine to not have the false positives that come up under those conditions...

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread