45 minutes at the beach

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the beach this past weekend and man was it ever hot. I could only detect for 45 minutes and I was completely wiped out. I said "that's it, stick a fork in me I'm done" and with that I just stayed in the shade and drank my cool drink and watched the cuties go by.

In that short time I did find one quarter and this nice ring. It has a pink stone in the center and what would be three diamonds (I wish) on either side. I checked the inside, but alas matey there is no "K" or 925 mark. It looks like costume jewelry. Oh well, there's always next time.

dbl ring.jpg

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still you found a ring that a lot of hunters have never found. You still did good.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool lookin ring

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Hey, that is what I always say..... there's always tomorrow or next time. I like the ring myself. OK so it isn't a precious metal one but.... it's still pretty and I bet your heart was going pitter pat when you first saw it! WTG! And here's to next time. :occasion14:

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job you need to get into the water a lot cooler there

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know why but some of my best finds are from quick hunts. On the long hunts I never seem to find much....

Like sandman said a ring is a ring.

HH

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking ring no matter if there is no K mark inside.....Matt

fldaphne

May 27, 2008
Gulfcoast of Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Beach Hunter ID
Hey! Don't give up - I recently had some unmarked finds checked and they turned out to be real gold - not plated or filled - I was shocked as i thought it all had to be marked. Well - happily shocked. :laughing9:

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fldaphne said:
Hey! Don't give up - I recently had some unmarked finds checked and they turned out to be real gold - not plated or filled - I was shocked as i thought it all had to be marked. Well - happily shocked. :laughing9:

I found one last year and one this year with no markings. They both tested positive as 14k. I think sometimes people have their rings cut to re-size them or have them polished.

I've also found a ton of plated rings this year and those rings that change colors from 7-11 that cost $2.99.....I hate them....

The only way to know sometimes is to have them tested. Hopefully the surf gods are being kind and the item will test positive as GOLD.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread