Mad & Upset but famous

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Mad & Upset but famous

Today was my first day out hunting since EmeraldEyes had her problem. I did get out for about an hour the other day but today I got to hunt for several hours. I wasn't finding much but then I hunt this beach frequently and there are many others that hunt it as well. I did manage to fine a dumb bell. Yep, you are reading it right! I got this hit and it was an overload and I figured it was another knife since I've found 3 there this year so far. It wasn't, it was a 3 lb dumb bell!

DumbBell100109.jpg

Then I found a small variety of junk along with another nitro stud earring.

Earring100109.jpg

I was about to give up for the day and started for the shallows where the little kids play and started finding fish hooks. Not one or two but many! I would pull up 2 and 3 in each scoop. Well I decided to really go over that area very good, first going one way and then going over it again the other way. I ended up with 21 fish hooks! Different kinds, different sizes, different types. I was really getting upset about this because they were not there the other day. I believe that someone deliberatly threw these in the water and the worst part as far as I'm concerned it WHERE they threw them. In the little kids area. Some people are really jerks and I hope this person steps on a fish hook one day and it hurts like H***!

MoneynJunk100109.jpg

Now for the famous part! Have you ever heard that everyone gets 15 minutes of fame? Well I might be getting about a minute and a half pretty soon. While I was hunting and doing my thing a guy was taking pictures of me and then motioned me out of the water. He was a reporter for the Tampa Tribune (Hernando Today) and wanted to interview me. I said sure but I was really angry at that moment and I showed him why. He took pictures of my finds and said "WOW" All of those were found here? I said yep! Every last one of them. Anyway he said the story would be in the paper MAYBE..... maybe as soon as tomorrow, maybe next week, maybe never. It just depends on if his boss thinks the story is good enough to print and it would be used as a filler. Anyway WHEN and IF the story ever gets in the paper I will let you gng's know. So maybe I will be famous..... for a minute or so. :o

Upvote 0

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Re: Mad & Upset but famous

Mumszie,

You are golden in our books keep detecting like that and there won't be any objects left. You also will not be missing the gold and silver rings the way your detecting either. As for safety, I ALWAYS wear my water boots, it not only protects you from objects like glass, fish hooks, sharp sea shells, crab traps, but it protects me from me! Especially when I use the monster scoop, marking where the coil located an object by putting my foot to the rear of the coil, then sliding my monster scoop with the extremely sharp edge to where my foot is. If I were to slip or get hit by a wave it would do some severe damage to my toes if not for my water boots!!!! Not to mention leaving fresh blood in the gulf for some shark to come find me. Nope I don't need that type of added attention, it's enough dealing with the multitude of kids on the weekends.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread