01/13/10 nice day at fl beach

antlr-king

Jan 14, 2010
melbourne,fl
Detector(s) used
cobra beach magnet
just got into metal detecting. my wife got me for christmas. havnt done that well yet. no real jewlery to speak of. i found my first wheat penny yesturday. and it was my best day so far finding coins.
metaldetectingsebastian004.jpg

metaldetectingsebastian003.jpg

metaldetectingsebastian001.jpg

Upvote 0

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job, I might go out tomorrow since it has finally warmed up...

OP
OP
antlr-king

antlr-king

Jan 14, 2010
melbourne,fl
Detector(s) used
cobra beach magnet
thanks alot. i guess im going to go out again in a few. low tide is around 1. sure would like to find a ring or some thing good like that.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me say Welcome antir-king to Tnet. Looks like you are on your way for detecting. When you find that first piece of real gold you will be hooked for life. Last year I found 32 gold and silver rings. Not to bad for the year. Just wish I lived close to the shores so I could hunt more. Closes place to hunt a beach around here is over 30 mins away. So when I do get out I stay for awhile. Let us know when you find that first piece. Once again welcome and happy hunting....Matt

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
antlr-king said:
thanks alot. i guess im going to go out again in a few. low tide is around 1. sure would like to find a ring or some thing good like that.

Welcome to Tnet if I haven't welcomed you yet. :hello:

Those rings will come if you get the coil over them and your detector is set to respond to pull tabs. 90% of the gold rings are in this range. Visit this site http://www.nmhra.netfirms.com/pulltab/ to learn more on beach hunting.

Good Luck,
Sandman

Attachments

• NORM, The Golden Olde.gif
    NORM, The Golden Olde.gif
    52.6 KB · Views: 400
  • NORM, The Golden Olde.gif
    NORM, The Golden Olde.gif
    52.6 KB · Views: 398

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Let me add my welcome to all the rest. Don't get discouraged. You don't find "good" stuff every time you go out. I think you did real well for this last hunt. I can't wait to see what you find next! :wink:

TheProf

Nov 13, 2009
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 White's Spectrum Vibra-Probe 580 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It all starts whith a wheat penny and gets better from there! Nice job! Like the bullhead mahi!

EpsilonMinus

May 14, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
cool post, man! Btw, how do you like that Cobra so far? I have thought about picking one of those up but I haven't seen many mentions around of people who use them, not enough to make an informed opinion, I mean. Looks like you're doing alright with it so far, though!

OP
OP
antlr-king

antlr-king

Jan 14, 2010
melbourne,fl
Detector(s) used
cobra beach magnet
since this is my first detector. the cobra seems to work fine. the head phones cord seems a little short though. and i am 6 ft 4 in tall and the over all length of the unit seems a bit short for me as well. if my wife hadnt got this one for as a gift i most likly would of bought a differant machine. and probably will in the future. but for now im going to learn as much as i can with this one and i know (like all the other hobbies ive gotten into over the years) will out grow this one and get a better one. for some reason every time i start a new hobbie i always have to have the best equipment. happy hunting...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread