Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, Garrett AT Pro
MT Pockets said:
Magnets wouldn't be "Electro"

so it's best to stay out of the water with a metal detector. :thumbsup:

I'm just "looking Out" for the Well being of my fellow THer's

I just got a new Underwater MD and excited to try it out. BUT!! I will wait until the migration has ended in the ocean. I can still go to the rivers & lakes around here as well.

I agree that we should all be careful and keep a close eye on the news, to learn of shark migration, activity, etc..

I imagine the poor guy panicked, and how can he stop the bleeding while so far out? Could he of had a leash on his kiteboard? To wrap around his leg & try & stop the bleeding? I don't know? I wasn't there. But also with many sharks in the area, when they smell blood, it's pretty much all over for you. Leash, or no leash, etc.. You're lucky to make it out alive.

My thoughts were that at least they got him out of the water, so his family can have a funeral. Have him there. This is very sad. I feel for his family.

I also thought that could the beach authorities posted some shark warning signs? All along the coast, during the migration? They usually post for other beach conditions? Just a thought.

Anyway, well, you all stay safe and be careful.

ttyl, skt

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
White Feather said:
Signs? Sharks can't read! :laughing9: :laughing9: :hello:

ok that was funny........... my thoughts are with the family.......... this is just another case of an accident while persuing a hobby....rock climbers fall, race car drivers crash, surfers get bit, karate experts take a kick or punch in the wrong place.......it's tragic but things happen.

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed, tragic but just a part of what we are and what we do. I was diving a wreck along the southern Chesapeake near Kiptopeake and found myself face to jaws with a large tiger shark. He went one way and I went the other. I didn't bite him and he didn't poke me with a bang stick. I still shake when I think about that one. I pushed him back with my camera and he decided he wanted to go someplace else. He sure was one lucky shark. :laughing9:

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, Garrett AT Pro
White Feather said:
Agreed, tragic but just a part of what we are and what we do. I was diving a wreck along the southern Chesapeake near Kiptopeake and found myself face to jaws with a large tiger shark. He went one way and I went the other. I didn't bite him and he didn't poke me with a bang stick. I still shake when I think about that one. I pushed him back with my camera and he decided he wanted to go someplace else. He sure was one lucky shark. :laughing9:

Wow, that's one scary close call. You knew he was a Tiger shark because of the furry stripes on his body, right?? (lol, just teasing ya!) :laughing7:

Seriously, glad you are ok. Sharks are nothing to mess around with. That man that died knew he was taking a risk being out there. We all know we are taking a risk being in the water, but we do it anyway. Surfers, divers, swimmers, etc.. It's a chance we take to enjoy our beloved hobbies.

skt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread