What are the differences in the 800, 1000, and excal 2

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fortunate said:
Hi, just traded for an excal 1000 and was wondering if anyone could tell me waht the differences are between the older and newer excals..
Thanks, Rick

The Excal 800 has a 8 inch coil, the Excal 1000 has a 10 inch coil, the Excal II is suppose to be about an inch deeper, coil is a little lighter and I have heard it has a better battery system. I get over 12 hours of solid hunting on mine now....I haven't used one so that is the best I can report on it...

I have the Excalibur 1200 and Excalibur 1500... :icon_scratch: :tongue3: :laughing9:

I have 2 Excals, I spliced a Coiltec WOT coil (15 inch coil) on my primary Excal (Excal 1500) and on my backup Excal I spliced on the SunRay S-12 (Excal 1200) :laughing9:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fortunate said:
Hi, just traded for an excal 1000 and was wondering if anyone could tell me waht the differences are between the older and newer excals..
Thanks, Rick

Not a big difference on the original Excaliburs except back to the Sword Excal (Has a picture of a sword down the entire side, hence the name Excalibur)....It uses the horseshoe coil, and it is getting hard to get parts for it.

You have the red headset (oldest), blue headset then the yellow headset (newest) as the Excals aged, it is the only visual difference. You can't really go off the headsets to tell the age though, as you could send an Excal in and request the newer headset. There is some wiring differences on the inside on the printed circuit board as to how the coil wired is connected.also...

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't forget that the newer Excal II is a Hot Lime Green color, a Babe Magnet I am told. :laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
You can't forget that the newer Excal II is a Hot Lime Green color, a Babe Magnet I am told. :laughing7:

Shhhhh, you old horn dog, your giving away all out secrets, next you will be telling how with tinted polorized sunglasses you can look at the women in bikinis and they will not know your looking..... ;D

OP
OP
fortunate

fortunate

Sep 9, 2007
Alaska
Detector(s) used
garrett master hunter ads 7, excalibur 1000, whites gmt, compass 77b yukon prospector
LOL..OK..Thanks guys...from all I've 'heard' I can't go wrong with the excal I bought...looking forward to getting back to alaska from brasil and giving her a go..thanks for the input...Rick..let you know later what i find......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread