Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use my Mares ( neoprene ) 5ml dive boots... the soles are thick if not thicker then sneaker bottoms.. they are very comfy, cover my ankle, zips up.. I love em.. wont even consider going on the beach or in the water without em..

OP
OP
Moe (fl)

Moe (fl)

Jul 25, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites, Tesoro, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Bootybay. Are these comfortable for walking on the beach or just for water hunting?

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
These are the boots that Bootybay is talking about....I'm on my second pair and they are great for shallow surf and wetsand and yesssssss verrrrry comfortable !!

Attachments

• mares-trilastic-boot_412612.jpg
    mares-trilastic-boot_412612.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 1,014

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surfdigger is the one who recommended these to me.. they are super comfy and trust us the thicker bottoms will save your feet.. while walking, while digging, while in the surf.. aint nothing better then these I tell ya..

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I paid $60.00 for my Mares and they are rugged. Very tough sole on them so you don't feel anything trying to poke through. Those who want to brave using sandals or sneakers, they'll work great to until you get a sharp shell lodged between the bottom of your foot and the sandal. Better yet, when a stone crab uses his vise grip claw on a piece of your flesh. And you only thought that Jesus could walk on the water. :laughing9: I've been wearing SCUBA boots for thirty years of water detecting and they've always protected my feet. :icon_thumright:

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Dive boots, the only way to go! They also keep the sand out.

HH and good luck

Desertfox

stavr

Nov 9, 2008
Odessa
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 & Explorer XS & GQAS v.2 Eric Foster &Eureka Gold & PI Dolphin (HM 9μS)
I use surfboot''neil pride''when cold.
When heat is used surfshoes "oneil'','' pro limit''/
very convenient, I recommend.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to wear the dive boots since I am a diver but for wading I have started to use fisherman's wading shoes because thery are designed for lots of walking with bootless waders. However my Excal goes off on the brass tacks in the shoes so I have gone back to the fine booties Bootybay uses.

You have to have something to keep the sand out of the shoes or the walk back to the car will be uncomfortable.

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i tried all the boots under the universe and shoes and sandels and many many brands of flip flops,

there were the best ever, but they would not stay together long..............

now for like 5 years, i have worn rubber FLIP FLOPS by crocs............called: Athens, but now they are fazing those out for a new style called "Modi"...............i have a pair inbound as i type to see how they do.

ATHENS:
CROCS.jpg

use whatever floats your boat the best........f y i

Attachments

• THE BEST.jpg
    THE BEST.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 629
  • THE BEST.jpg
    THE BEST.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 551

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the high top "surf boots" because they keep a lot of the sand out and they are like a wet suit and you can wade a bit to cool off. Monty

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres a tip I do.. I use the Mares as stated above, but they seem to only come in mens sizes, so I ordered a size smaller then my size, well, they were still a bit to bit and I would get water in em and swish when I walked so I started to wear a pair ankle socks, problem solved.. love em.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Got a few pairs, each for different location.
Rip Curl shorties for the Florida west coast, calm waters..no shells.....Dry sand OC................bad......hot sand, feel thur soft bottom, hard to get on, sand proof in surf, {75%}
Nrs titianum Rock Boots..bay, river beds, creeks, water holes, Rocks, calm waters, good with dry suit, excellent foot protection .............................................bad.......flat bottom there is a little bit of the suction cup effect in the soft sand in the water... not bad on wet sand, but in surf, sand proof in surf {75%},
O'neils surf boots..OC, in the surf, lots of wave action soft sand....excellent as far as sand getting in {98%}...bad...soft bottom, hard to get on, but worth the no sand grinding the toes
Bare Dive Boots....Good for the bay, calm waters, Hightide to lowtide lane, drysuit winter, excellent traction, and foot protection.....bad...sand proof in the surf {80%}
Boot food waders....winter, spring, fall..just can't go out to far..Dry feet, no sand...bad..last for about 3 years if your lucky
Water Proof sox's..SealSkinx's...keep feet dry, and the sand out with the Nrs, and Bare dive Boots make sure you get the right size..I have size 10.5..got large {10-11} to big, go smaller, you want them tight..they do keep the sand from your feet, but not sure what effect the sand on the outside will have on them..Bad...come upto your knees, you look even more like a geek..............joe

Attachments

• footware.jpg
    footware.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 603

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recently replaced/upgraded from my standard/old pair of dacor 5mm dive boots, with plans to just keep them as spares.
Picked up some seasoft stealth 6mm boots, very rugged/heavy duty, w/boot like soles, ultra comfy, much better for walking on gravel and the longer traverses to the water, ...will see how long they last.
http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/SSTBST.html

Previously tried some 3mm seasoftscuba sunrays to try out for dual use (in water & on beach), they have a lining called glideskin *(weird rubberlike layer) that creates a unique phenomenon when walking. They were a mid height boot, which lets alot more sand in than the higher ones do. The best description of the sunray model's sounds I can think of, would be to attach a self-inflating whoopie-cushion to the bottom of each foot and walk around, not cool :o Maybe the sunrays were made to be worn with neoprene dive socks or something silly like that. Really like the stealths though!

OP
OP
Moe (fl)

Moe (fl)

Jul 25, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the great replies!

Do you buy these boots at surf/dive shops or online? I went to the local sporting goods store and they didn't have any like these. They had some Keva and Keen sandals.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Both online and the surf shops...even Ebay...Good Luck..I like the ones Brian uses also..look great for Lt/Ht lane

OP
OP
Moe (fl)

Moe (fl)

Jul 25, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies. Do the Mares boots keep the sand out?

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was using some wading boots from bass pro < 30 toadhides, but hot here in Fl. I have been using crocks with a sandal like design, kinda sucks for the shells in SW Fla, but fine on the east coast.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread