Cape May NJ Hunt

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Took a short trip out to Cape May this Friday and Saturday. Friday was pretty windy over here but Saturday was pretty calm and the waves were big. We stay near the end of Beach Avenue, The Beach Shack. I hunted an area in front of the nicest place on this strip, Congress Hall. I am just getting to know my Dual Field PI so, I am digging everything. I have learned that if you swing over iron wire the machine will give you a double beep. However, when I got home and cleaned the machine up it took off my wedding band and waved it under it sideways and could get a slight double beep also! ???

I only hunted a couple of hours. The coins came from the shallow flat area right next to the erosion jetties of rocks. If I were to go back I would hit these areas hard. It must be where the kiddies and mom's wade and play. This is where they won't get clobbered by the waves at low tide.

The earring was a little exciting but it was short lived. A Copper Earring??
The shot gun shell I researched and production of these was stopped in 1960. Kind of a weird beach find.

Attachments

• Boat.JPG
    Boat.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 274
  • Big Waves Sunday.JPG
    Big Waves Sunday.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 281
  • Find July 17 2010.JPG
    Find July 17 2010.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 282
  • Earring.JPG
    Earring.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 278
  • REM UMC Shotgun Shell.JPG
    REM UMC Shotgun Shell.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 278
Upvote 0

recout

Jul 18, 2010
Cape May Co. NJ
Detector(s) used
excal
I went down to Cape May for a quick hunt. (i live 10 mins away) I also found a shotgun shell. I was down a few blocks from you..

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
Shotgun shells??.....not unusual at all at the Jersey Shore.....shotguns are used alot on boats offshore and off of the beach......skeet shooting has been practiced from boats offshore regularly for years here and those light brass ends of the shell will drift inshore to our beaches pretty often....just another trash item that we deal with all the time down here...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread