The wife use to let me MD, now she makes me go!!!!!

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About three weeks ago after the three days of a summer Noreaster, after work I stopped by the beach to do some shopping! :laughing7: After hitting the bank made a small withdrawl of old silver and green coins! Then it was time for the jewelry store and Davey Jones forgot to lock the door!!!! In the area of the beach that looked the lowest and where the tide had emptyed back to the sea I got an interesting tone! At this time it was dark and I was using my little pen light to find my targets. After two scoops of blackish colored sand the target sounded strong and clear in the hole. The next scoop and it was out and with the pen light I could see the white silver flash on top of the sand pile. At first I thought oh cool I a found a silver ring. Then it hit me like a brick in the head! Being this deep down the silver should be black and crusty! Did not even think maybe white gold :dontknow: I was sure I had found my first plat! Dropped to the ground like a sac of potatoes and heart pounding! As I picked up the ring I could feel the stones and setting, I turned it around and shined the light on and Ka Bam!! This sucker lit up like a Christmas tree!! I then washed it off gently and desperately started looking for the P, Pt, or Plat! My eyes were straining to adjust to the bright light until I could make out the stamp mark. Yes there it was PLAT!!!!! Man oh man I was psyched!!! Went to the Gemologist, he said the ring is over a hundred years old, diamonds are real (total of 13), the main stone is 1/2 carat old miner's ct and it's flawless or vvs, G color. The setting was crafted by hand with a special tool. The appraisal value is $3,000 and of course my wife loves it!!! I'm happy too cause now she makes me go hunting! HH! :icon_pirat:

Attachments

• plat3.jpg
    plat3.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 5,373
  • plat1.jpg
    plat1.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 5,357
  • plat2.jpg
    plat2.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 5,362
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: The wife used to let me MD, now she makes me go!!!!!

That is one beautiful ring and you are very lucky...........or your wife is. Ask for a steak dinner more often now. :notworthy:

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sweeeeeet,Congrats :thumbsup:

lennon631

May 3, 2010
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett ProPointer

"BANG"!!! :o AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! Congrats to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! oh yeah, and the wife...lol :hello2:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
absolutely gorgeous!!! congrats and may your wife enjoy it. I can't believe it is only valued at 3,000.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrad's on this one........She is Beautiful!!!

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Makes me think of that comedian who changed around that jewelry advertisement:

"Diamonds....that'll shut her up."

;D

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats abosutely a stunning antique ring, your wife is one lucky woman. :thumbsup:

TexasRT

Aug 15, 2008
Dickinson, TX
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
WOW, that is the best find I've seen in a while. GREAT job!!!!

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Banner, awsome ring.

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, great find and I also have a hard time believing it is only worth $3000. I would definitely get a second and third appraisal. Over a hundred yrs old, platinum and diamonds must equal more than $3000? Great job.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Gilligan said:
Wow, great find and I also have a hard time believing it is only worth $3000. I would definitely get a second and third appraisal. Over a hundred yrs old, platinum and diamonds must equal more than $3000? Great job.
I was just ready to post that the appraisal they posted sound very low ball... They need to find a trusted jewelery dealer an get it appraised again ..cause I am fairly certian that the value is much higher then 3000.00

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
May have been interested in buying it so they gave a low appraisal. Nice find.

On my honeymoon I took my detector. Found two gold rings one with 19 diamonds on the first full day we were there. For the rest of the week the wife keep asking if I wanted to go out to detect...lol.

NJ

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fantastic find . . . makes my heart leap just looking at that beauty :o
Congratulations surfnturf! :notworthy:

capri_auto

Apr 6, 2010
When you get it appraised don't let the jeweler go into the back with it. They have been known to swap stones...

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Pics like that are what keeps me coming to this site.

Second time I'll use the word "Awesome"

lowtones

Aug 19, 2006
USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur , Explorer 2 ,Soverign elite,
Excellent Find Man.. Now that she has her ring from now on you tell her all you find is Bottle caps or you will never make any money trust me. Congrats on your first PLAT
lowtones83

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wooooo-Hooooooo gaaaw-just ring; congratulations! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Breezie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread