Beach Hunter 300 Question ?

miket

Jun 3, 2008
florida west coast
Detector(s) used
whites beach hunter 300
Re: Beach Hunter 300' Question ?

the yellow light " does " flash on gold jewelry. i must mis-understand the question. :tongue3:

D

digum smacks

mine does the same.i think its the nature of the beast.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I would give White's a call just to make sure that's normal.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I believe the yellow light should stay steady just like the others and not flicker. Call White's.

D

digum smacks

its not even a question for me if its supposed to do that.like the excal does the same thing with the threshold and use of scoop brings it back up to par.as long as its finding gold its working

therover

Feb 23, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
CZ6a (2),Infinium, E-Trac,CZ20, X5, CZ20,X-Terra 705, Treasure Baron Goldtrax, XL-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

It flickers on what 'type' of jewlery...all or only small items. Does it flicker on a nickel or larger sized mens 14K wedding band ?

Also, the soil/ground conditions play a big part...make sure the unit is ground balanced properly.

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

I used a BHID for 54 days and it took some time to adjust from the Excalibur. I never really looked at the lights unless I got a mixed tone like red/yellow which I always dug. I good tip here is I did use the BHID at night and found the Lights would flicker but no sound. I remember seeing the video that the light work in AM but the sound wasn't the same. So this lead me to dig the target with no sound. They turned out to be deep targets. After the first scoop they read with sound and sometimes changed in color. The later ID was always correct. I also found that if in Discriminate and got just a light and I got no sound if I switched to All metal I would get a sound 50% of the time on just a light signal. I did find that you need to go slower with this machine, as the coil really needs to pass over the target. Unlike the excal it just need to pass by the target! Just some added info.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread