Travel scoop?

mandad76

Jun 26, 2008
BAYTOWN, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
SPECTRA V3i/BHID 300
I will be traveling out of country this summer and will need to buy a travel scoop for the trip. Any advice/recommendations? Are any of them durable enough for everyday use after my return - if not, should I just buy cheap? Also, plan to pack scoop, md rods, trowel, etc.. in luggage - and box,coil, headphones in carry on - probably backpack - is that recommended/acceptable? Any other advise/suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Good luck to everyone!

Upvote 0

metaldetectorguy

Feb 21, 2011
SouthSide
Detector(s) used
Dual Field, CZ-21, V3i, VX3, Deus, BHID 300, Coinmaster GT, MX5, Ace 150, Ace 250, Gtax 1000, MXT Pro
I would check out rtgstore.com
They have nice travel scoops that break down. I havn't used any other scoop other than RTG's so that's all the help I have. But I am happy with them. Good Luck!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://www.rtgstore.com/ Been my experience the the two piece scoops lock up after use unless you keep them greased and disassemble them each time. If you go cheap you will only be wasting money.

diver420

Nov 1, 2006
I have the RTG travel scoop,
good scoop, the only thing they should change
is make the holes 1/16" smaller, certain narrow
pulltabs (the new style not the beavertails) fall
through the holes driving the digger crazy!
Diver

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I also use the RTG travel scoop. One recommendation, remove the spring clip and replace it with a stainless steel bolt and self locking nut, or carry one with you. The spring clip will rust out and leave you with a short scoop, ask me how I know ;D It happened while I was in Mexico and no hardware stores.

For traveling I use a hard sided suit case purchase at a thrift store. I pack my detector, scoop and all of my gear packed in beach towels in the one case. It might get a little expensive now with luggage fees to travel that way.

OP
OP
M

mandad76

Jun 26, 2008
BAYTOWN, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
SPECTRA V3i/BHID 300
Thanks to everyone for taking the time to respond. Will be buying the stainless rtg travel scoop. Good luck and happy hunting!

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Sandman said:
http://www.rtgstore.com/ Been my experience the the two piece scoops lock up after use unless you keep them greased and disassemble them each time. If you go cheap you will only be wasting money.
U got that right ! :icon_thumright: I have as travel scoop that is so tight that you would think it was welded :tongue3:It Will NEVER COME APART

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions