worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I recently purchased a dive system and u/w detector.Going to a lake that went back to the early 1800's(swam there as a kid) A native indian tribe lived there also.Explains arrow heads I found snorkel diving the sandy bottom in the middle 70's Love the computer for research!This swimming hole has a submerged boulder (2 feet under the surface) we used to dive off,water depth about 6 ft.What lies on the bottom,I will find out.I did do some detecting back then,lots of merc dimes near shore.Will keep you all posted on future finds.Remember the three P's.PERSISTANCE,PATIENTS,PAYOFF.Until then,GOD BLESS,GOOD HUNTING,Chris

Did a little more research on this lake,Nipmuck Indians lived there,early 1600's.there was a lake resort early 1800's,a rollerskating rink late 1800's,public beach also.I failed to mention that I also found an old bottle diving,it was embossed with a face and lettering,don't ask what it was that was 38 yrs. ago.I am rather looking forward to this venture, old bottles,jewerly,coins,and who knows what else.I see it as a Blessing,untold riches.GOD BLESS,Three P's Chris

Upvote 0

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Re: Underwater detecting

You have your self a honey hole. GL and HH. When you gonna start? -Joe

worldtalker said:
I recently purchased a dive system and u/w detector.Going to a lake that went back to the early 1800's(swam there as a kid) A native indian tribe lived there also.Explains arrow heads I found snorkel diving the sandy bottom in the middle 70's Love the computer for research!This swimming hole has a submerged boulder (2 feet under the surface) we used to dive off,water depth about 6 ft.What lies on the bottom,I will find out.I did do some detecting back then,lots of merc dimes near shore.Will keep you all posted on future finds.Remember the three P's.PERSISTANCE,PATIENTS,PAYOFF.Until then,GOD BLESS,GOOD HUNTING,Chris

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
reads great,but at six feet a dive thing sounds like ,well to much diving ??? if its a river ,dredge it up ???

Jim in MA

Apr 21, 2011
Detector(s) used
Excal with Wot, Infinium LS , CZ7a PRO
Did you go with scuba or Hookah??

Good Luck Jim

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a grand time.Good luck ,you should do well!

bootyhoundpa

Oct 1, 2010
Detector(s) used
excal-1000,sov-gt,5900di-pro,gta-1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
time is of the essence....best of luck and safety to you...... now,,,, get to it!!!!!!! could be a great place for jewelry.....ya never really know till your on it......hope to see updates....

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Best of times, good research, and a new place to hunt! Keep us posted and HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions