Took my new Excal to a local lake today.

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• son and I.JPG
    son and I.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 331
  • finds.JPG
    finds.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 336
Upvote 0

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It could be that others have detected there in the recent past, or more likely if this is a new detector for you maybe you have to give it some time before you're "in tune" (no pun intended) and familiar enough with it to go back and find all the great stuff you probably missed :).

Any engraving on the locket? Maybe you could track down the owner and get it back to them - that's always a fun project with a neat reward :)

OP
OP
GreenMeanie

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked for some info on the locket but there is none. I usually hunt there and had a ranger ask if I found some rings before because a lady was looking for hers. So maybe this lady will ask and I will give it back.
I just got this Excal and was running it in AUTO sens to get use to it. The minute I tried it in 10 O clock position it really came alive LOL. So I have seemed to waste a day at the ocean and one at a fresh water lake. But better than wasting the whole summer so I will be using manual for now on.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is better to run the Excal off Auto anyway. Takes a little longer to learn but since it doesn't sound off on ferrous items that is OK. No need to over lap as much either with that DD coil. Try it out with some targets on top of the sand just to learn the sounds. It won't air test well, but once the target is in the ground, it's deep searching.

Seems most of the nice rings you'll find are shallow from ankle deep to about waist. Course this changes in salt water since there are tides and currents to move sand.

HH,
Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread