Fisher 1280x

warthog steve

Mar 23, 2003
Brown City,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350GTA for dry,Fisher 1280X for wet........
I got the 1280x with the 8 1/2 inch coil...I only use it in fresh water;and it is the BEST water detector I have ever had...I have heard;though,that it is not the best for the ocean-But fresh water;if thats all you will use it in;its a great machine!!

digem all

Tenderfoot
Jul 31, 2006
Carolina Beach
NIGHT WIND said:
I got the 1280x with the 8 1/2 inch coil...I only use it in fresh water;and it is the BEST water detector I have ever had...I have heard;though,that it is not the best for the ocean-But fresh water;if thats all you will use it in;its a great machine!!

I've owned the 1080X for years and use it all the time at the beach. I have a Bouny Hunter as a backup. But there is no comparison. The batteries in the 1280 last forever too. I also have a Minelab that I paid big bucks for probably 10 years ago for use "in the woods". Its falling apart. The 1280x is still solid as a rock.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still have two 1280's but don't use them anymore. With a CZ20 or Excal, you don't have to get a beep on a iron object and waste time digging it. Sure you can tune a nail out, but then you will lose other good targets. Most 1280's won't sound off on a chain either. Tiger sharks and Minelabs will. 1280's are very good on batteries and they are built like tanks and take a lot of rough handling. The larger coil is better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread