Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
she has gone crazy

my old sovereign did the same thing few years back, on and off - threshold switch was bad...............excal sounds just like that.............who knows

will ship to vegas on friday............she has been trouble free for a very long time.

now i have to track down my new excal.............i lent it to a friend to hunt the OBX all this week, but i do not know if he is returning friday or sunday

i will charge the batteries on the surfasplorer just i case.

good luck to everyone

Upvote 0

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck gettin' her working again max! It's always a terrible thing when your significant other takes ill ;)

HH!
TBGO

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: the surfgod may be smiling today, but i am not - old excal. gone crazy :(

diggers next time ,PLEASE!

Goldringer

May 6, 2006
Earth
Hey Gravedigger, keep us informed on the turn around time and quality of repair. That is an important item for us to have knowledge of. My experience with Minelabs, USA goes back a couple years when their repair service was less than poor. I would purchase another except for my memory of the slow repairs and poor quality.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you get her back soon Gravedigger. I had to send in mine for the first time in many years in June and it took a little less than a month to get it back. I thought I had a hole in the coil but it turned out to be a threshold problem with the switch. No cost even though it was out of warranty. The only other company that treats it's customer this way seems to be Tesoro. Luckily I had my 800 that I used for diving. I felt handicapped using the smaller coil so I started reusing the CZ20 again. Felt worse.......

Sandman

OP
OP
gravediggermax-vabeachva

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SANDMAN

turned out to be a threshold problem with the switch. No cost even though it was out

I AM PRETTY SURE THIS IS MY PROBLEM AS WELL

WILL LET U KNOW, I SENT IT UPS BLUE FOR TUES.................NO TELLING WHEN THEY WILL GET TO WORK ON IT, BUT DICK KNOWS IT IS COMING AND I HAVE TALKED TO ONE OF THE TECHS. AS WELL

WHO KNOWS

I WILL HAVE MY NEW ONE BACK FROM THE OBX ON MONDAY

GOOD LUCK

SEE YA

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions