worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Seein as I wear tank tops year round,sun don't bother me,just get darker,wear a 209.00$ pair of shades though!Sunblock will GIVE you skin cancer!

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stay in the A/C..... Hunt in the early morning and Late evening.... Yep I am Nocturnal.... :headbang: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

sjarchangel

Sep 13, 2008
Delaware
Detector(s) used
V3i, ETrac, Excal II, Shadow X2, Tesoro Silver Max, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Early a.m. / later p.m., long sleeve shirts, wide brim hat, and sunblock for legs and face.

:-)

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Commodore BigScoop, Get yuh one of those sombrero's That are like 3' across... No Sunblock Needed. And free shade... :headbang: Dark welding glasses to protect the eyes from the bright sun... :headbang:

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
I use Bull Frog sun block, the one that is a clear liquid. It has a strong odor but I can stay in the water all day long and it won't wear off. Please wear sunblock, or and protective clothing.

Randyd

Mar 8, 2011
Kalifornia
long sleeves (stretch board shirt) and a hat or hood, sometimes gloves.
I never had skin cancer until I used sun block for a couple of years, read a lot about it, 20+ surgeries later and no more sun block for me!
Randyd

Gemini420

Jun 27, 2011
I've been going late afternoon + SPF 30 on arms and face, sunglasses & ball cap help

If I go in the middle of the day, I bring a backpacking product called a Camelbak (http://www.camelbak.com/Sports-Recreation/Packs/2011-Hydrobak.aspx) with me. It is a sturdy soft plastic canteen in a backpack (a with long tube to drink from.) I fill it with lots of ice and water. It's nice to have something cold to drink and the backpack is cold against my back.

Shane

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After having skin cancer cut off me several times I protect myself from the sun, I wear a long sleeve sun guard shirt, SPF rated 100 just like the surfers wear. Then any skin that is exposed to the sun gets covered with Coppertone Sunscreen for Baby SPF 70, no tears....Wear a hat with a neck guard, and I have a bottle of sunscreen that attaches to my Camelbac pack.... I am out all day in the sun with no effects... If hunting after 4pm I don't worry about it.....

Gemini420

Jun 27, 2011
Randyd said:
I never had skin cancer until I used sun block for a couple of years, read a lot about it, 20+ surgeries later and no more sun block for me!

I've never heard of this before, but read some recent news articles about it after seeing your post.

I'm using one of the bad brands. Think I switch to one of the recommended brands just to be safe. Thanks for the info.

Shane

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Randyd said:
long sleeves (stretch board shirt) and a hat or hood, sometimes gloves.
Randyd

I had skin cancer several times before I started using the sunblock. The dermatologist told me to start using sunblock with he highest SPF I could find... Just like everything else there is good and bad sunscreen....Look up sunblock on consumer reports.....If I am going to be in the sun, I do not leave home with out mine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread