Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got one 3 weeks ago, carbon fiber long shaft. I was surprised that I had asked some questions on line to Anderson Shafts and they not only responded quickly but also called me. I ordered from Kellyco and received it right away. I can say this " It is QUALITY"

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov.GT , Explorer SE Pro , Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the long shaft on both my excals. I went from pushing minelab's stock ( boat oar ) shaft 2hrs to hunting a 10 hr day. The balance is excellent. Never used the under the arm shaft so can't comment. Kevin

OP
OP
J

jsolo

Greenie
Jul 12, 2011
Going with the over and under carbon fiber and sunspot stealth scoop.

Chi Town Bruce

Nov 4, 2006
Not a bad choice, consider a carbon, lower. How are you fixted for a treasure pouch?

And with that scoop nothing will from you! :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
J

jsolo

Greenie
Jul 12, 2011
I got my excal.I thought it was heavy until I picked up my sunspot scoop now thats heavy lol I got the sunspot 8 Its huge and very well made
they are costly.I went with the anderson carbon fiber also now I need to find something.

Tony in FL

Nov 7, 2009
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the Anderson over/under on my Excal. It was a major improvement from the stock piece of !@#$. However it still got heavy, particularly on long hunts. I now have a 3 piece travel shaft from Plugger with the mount behind the elbow. It is basically a long shaft that breaks down for travel. Personally I think the long shaft is much better than the over/under for balance. In addition it seems to be a longer shaft so I feel it has greater reach when I swing the coil. Also you can leave off the behind the elbow section and use it with a hip mount - very flexible setup.

urdaboss

Nov 15, 2009
kissimmee fl
Detector(s) used
white's classic lll SL minelab excalibur II Explorer-s
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
:headbang:
i also have the over/under from kellyco. i also got the swingythingy to go with it. i live only a short trip from kellyco so i picked it up myself.
its like a history museum that does not charge to get in. great place!! great prices!!

jollystriker

Greenie
Apr 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi Tony in FL,
could you give me a recomendation on the Plugger travel shaft? I have been considering buying one. thank you,
Alan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread