125.1 KB · Views: 413

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GOLD1960 said:
1___Whites DF PI __________

2___TESORO SAND SHARK_____ " LIFETIME WARRANTY "

3___YELLOW SUBMARINE ____ " THRILL OF A LIFETIME" :headbang:

Got the Sand Shark, so I'll go with the Yellow Submarine! :headbang: :laughing9: :thumbsup:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many of the people with the Excal II are saying it isn't as well made as the older 1000, but there are also many that say they love'm. There is nothing wrong with the Fisher CZ-21 as it is the same guts as your CZ20.
The Sand Shark is very deep but being a pulse it almost has no disc. Just so your aware of that.
The White's Beach Hunter ID 300 and Dual field share the same big yellow floating coil which myself and many others say that gets tiring holding it down in the water.

The new Garrett AT PRO still hasn't proven itself as a good detector and certainly not at the saltwater beach yet though some say its fine in the salt. What they fail to realize is not all beaches are the same and I think it is just to iffy. I won't use mine.

OP
OP
G

gus

Oct 15, 2004
how does the old garrett sea hunter PI machine compare with the sand shark? I had lots of luck with the garrett over the years. I assume the new machines go deeper. Is that the case?
thanks again for the suggestions.

Bill - De

Dec 22, 2009
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Cibola
CZ-20, Sea Hunter II, Simplex,
Minelab Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sea Hunter II is PI with disc, to knock out iron mostly. An improvement, from what I saw, over the original.

Since you are strictly a salt water hunter, I say get the CZ-21 with 10" coil. Good disc, all metal mode, pinpoint button is improved, so no issues with the rubber boot (on the CZ-20) failing. Deep, reliable machine, that can be hip mounted, for easy swinging.

I've got both (CZ-20/8" and a CZ-21/10.5"); love them both.

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The answers are going to depend on who answers your post. Every brand of water machine is someones favorite, but the least favorite to someone else. I upgraded from a CZ 20 to an Excalibur and for me it was a good upgrade. My PI is a Sea Hunter Mark II mainly for the large 14 in coil that is available for it so I can cover more ground. The Whites DF owners have been posting some nice finds with theirs, but I have not owned one so I cannot comment.

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I vote for Excalibur , or Fisher labs CZ 21 . You have to be real careful with the gaskets with Whites dual field and the PI PRO they have a tendency to leak when changing batteries. The CZ 21 has a seperate compartment for the batteries if you got a leak your electronics are still dry. (You wonder why some other companies don't do that also . Duh )

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gus said:
I have been using the Fisher CZ20 for 8 - 10 years (prior to that the garrett sea hunter) and now think its time to go with whats new. I hunt only on salt water beaches, mainly in the water.
I have used the CZ20 for the past 15 years and upgraded to the CZ21 this year. It was a $300 upgrade and they sent me back a basically new machine. I can't speak for the other detectors because I have not used anything other then the CZ20/21 but if you're just tired of it (from what I've heard) I don't think you can go wrong with the Excal. If you're not finding treasure with the CZ I don't think it's the detectors fault. BTW... If you want to sell the CZ20 let me know. :wink:

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A lot of you may laugh but I have had good luck with a detector Pro Headhunter in salt walter. Yes I am landlocked in utah but that salt water beach here is some of the worst salt you can detect in my neck of the woods. I just cant go underwater.

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fmrUSMC_0844 said:
Yes I am landlocked in utah but that salt water beach here is some of the worst salt you can detect

Salt water beach in Utah??? I guess I never thought about Salt Lake really being salt. :icon_scratch:

utah_map.gif

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
biggmike said:
fmrUSMC_0844 said:
Yes I am landlocked in utah but that salt water beach here is some of the worst salt you can detect

Salt water beach in Utah??? I guess I never thought about Salt Lake really being salt. :icon_scratch:

Salt Lake in Utah is extremely salty, even more so than the oceans.......The great salt flats where they test some of the fastest cars in the world is actually composed of salt..........

OP
OP
G

gus

Oct 15, 2004
Well after BigMikes suggestion I decided to upgrade the CZ20 to a CZ21. Best bang for the bucks and I am familar with the CZ. thanks for all the suggestions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread