Where are they

mcscs

Apr 12, 2010
fla
I am constantly hearing about the competition. I'm starting to believe they are ninjas.
I detect three or four times a week. From Hallandale to Boca
I have yet to see more than one person with a metal detector at a time.
I take that back there is me and my buddy sometimes. But seriously I very rarely see anybody in the water
now it may be that I usually go between 5 and 8 PM
but there's been many occasions that I do show up early morning. Is it just this area because we have so many miles of beach. Then I'm just not running across anybody. There's one guy I've seen a couple of times snorkeling
in the deeper water. But besides him I haven't seen anybody twice in the last five months.
Just wondering

Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We figured out a long time ago that there is a lot less hunters than people say there is. I think they say it to discourage people from hunting their favorite beaches.

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well...don't come out her to the East Coast of Oz, the sand is thick with MD's - at dawn it is not uncommon to see small detecting / refreshment stands setting up along the dunes to cater for the masses ...nothing left here... all of our 59,236 km (including Islands) of coastline have been emptied. :icon_pirat: Maybe try somewhere less populated.... like China.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the heads up......I will see if I can get my airline tickets changed to China. >:(

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Low Tide - That is when you will see the pirates. Careful, they sometimes blend into the surf so well they are almost invisible to the eye! :laughing7:

mcscs said:
I am constantly hearing about the competition. I'm starting to believe they are ninjas.
I detect three or four times a week. From Hallandale to Boca
I have yet to see more than one person with a metal detector at a time.
I take that back there is me and my buddy sometimes. But seriously I very rarely see anybody in the water
now it may be that I usually go between 5 and 8 PM
but there's been many occasions that I do show up early morning. Is it just this area because we have so many miles of beach. Then I'm just not running across anybody. There's one guy I've seen a couple of times snorkeling
in the deeper water. But besides him I haven't seen anybody twice in the last five months.
Just wondering

MBbeachrat

Apr 1, 2011
Melbourne Beach and Bethany Beach-- Snow Bird
Detector(s) used
CZ 21, Whites DF PI, Excalibur II, CTX 3030
Its funny I am now up in DelMarVa. Bethany Beach has maybe 7 MD every morning not many in the wet stuff. Ocean City Maryland from the south jetty to about 9th street always crowded lots of MD in the wet. But the 14 miles between these to points are very empty for the most part. I think I am the only one in the wet stuff in these areas most of the time.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had occasional glimpses, but more often seen the evidence left by "the competition" at my local beaches. In the ocean, it depends on how popular the beach is. I have seen up to a half dozen at a florida beach, but most of the time it was just me.

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I hunt a very popular beach here on Jersey Shore. Its not uncommon to see 4 or 5 hunters at a time at low tide. The dry sand forget it. There you will find 6 or more after the weekend. Today I hit low and there was 3. As Surfdigger pointed out last season. Are they really competition most are gold seekers with low end machines. Ya they will find a piece of gold! The ones with too much money will buy the best machines,then you see them with there coils 6 inches off the sand at 45 degrees! The drilled plastic beer mug scoop is a dead give away. When asked about the scoop they will tell you there no way in hell there paying 150 bucks for a scoop...... The we have skimmers they scoot by at mach 1 and claim that there's too many hunters and all the good stuff is gone? If you go out and see no body with a detector that's a rarity. keep that too yourself or you be sorry!

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
down here there more like gnats than ninjas! >:(

buffhunter

May 30, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
mcscs- I hunt from Merritt Island down to Hollywood. most of the time it will depend on when the low tide is, how hot it is at that time, and how rough the seas are. i will also take my MD on vacation to the west coast and search the beaches at night, when very few people are sitting on the beach. Occasionally i will see someone else, and when i do, i will offer up a "howdy".

OP
OP
mcscs

mcscs

Apr 12, 2010
fla
hollywood fl today

Attachments

• netcam.jpg
    netcam.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 145

Top Member Reactions