Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couldnt get off the couch with my coffee Sat. until 30 min before neg tide. I headed N. and kicked myself after the day was over with what i was finding. I must have found a doz. of those egg sinkers that were at least 4 oz. Among all those sinker i was finding.... bam out popped the size 10 1/2 heavy heavy ring. Its not marked but it feels twice as heavy as the size 11 18K i found a bit back. Found my second silver peace ring which was bigger than the last.... must be coming back. Both days i did great on clad hitting lines on the back side of some of the sand bars. Then Sun i was still finding sinkers ... but no gold. Pretty nice silver earring and the religious medallion isnt marked silver but Italy. Im certain its silver, but the chain.... i have no idea. It doesnt stick to a magnet. Does SS stick to a magnet? I had to clean the medallion up but the chain isnt cleaned. Long time in the water but nice pay day i think.

Dew

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 1,048
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 1,057
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,056
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 1,061
Upvote 0

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good one Dew I hope that chain is silver :headbang:

Jonnie

OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cant think of what elce it might be? Hoping its silver as well. Sat was a great day.... today was awfully choppy out there. Waist deep and occasionally youd get a face full when digging and not paying attention.

Dew

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dewcon, that is an impressive hunt! :notworthy:

Those are beautiful jewelry finds! :headbang:

Lorraine

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent looting my friend :icon_pirat:

That wedding band is massive!!

I too found a religious necklace just like yours and the chain ended up not being silver. If it doesn't have any sort of clasp it is probably not silver like mine. SS will not stick to a magnet.

Keep up the great finds, maybe I'll see you out there one day!

Aaron

OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Lorraine ... and i got some of your sinkers lol. Aaron.... its as heavy as the last 4 rings combined. Got to be 18K at least. Its a good possibility... im out there a good bit. I was surprised to see only 1 hunter out there today... especially with this low tide. Must of all went to Siesta Keys.

Dew

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Nice big, wide, gold ring! I knew you would get one, one of these days! That chain looks like stainless. As Stpaulis said it wont stick to good jewelry stainless, but there is some kinds like 7-14 that has carbon in it and can be hardened, and it can have a magnet stick to it good. But it isnt used for jewelry, only things that need the hardness-good knives, speargun spears, that kind of things. 316 is the usual strong stainless, and a magnet wont stick to it. Another thing about that kind of stainless, is it is like alloy gold, if the pulse rate of a PI is turned down, or a low pulse rate PI like a Garretts Seahunter mark ll or XL500, or a J W Fishers Pulse 8 or 6, wont pick up stainless nails, or some types of stainless, and the same thing with gold jewelry, they wont pick it up either, especially small stuff, or gold that is deeper than an inch or so..

OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im a blind squirrel Steve finally tripped over a nut. Good info on the PIs as well. Pros and cons for a PI. There are times when you go for a good while now not hearing much and you wonder is there something there im missing. My luck it would be all junk. I collect a couple more of these pieces of bling i might have to try one out. O well on the chain.... another piece for the collector box.

Dew

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations Dew on your heavy gold ring and the silver
medallion. Nothing like some cold water in the face to remind
you where you are. LOL Gold Nuggets :hello:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
great hunt! congrats on your gold. I got out for a few hours on Saturday and got 30 cents!

OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cntrydncr1.... hey you are 35 cents richer than when you got there :icon_thumleft: We all have days like that.

Dew

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome finds dew!!! gettin used to that excal eh?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WoW! Congratulations Dew! :headbang: :hello2: :notworthy:

OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeker.... The Xcal has been real good to me. Its paid for its self several times already... im going to run the wheels off it lol.

Dew

Desertvet

Nov 4, 2011
Apollo Beach, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice haul, Dew! I only live 70 miles from ya...maybe we can get together for a hunt in the near future? Happy hunting! :hello2:

OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im always up for a hunt. Just started a project to help my son fix up his rented house.... but i can work it in if you want to hunt.

Dew

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions