Oct 7, 2006
Myrtle Beach
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT--Excal II
Upvote 0

seas1to2

May 17, 2006
fl
594.00 is about standard price, you need to go thru a local dealer, they can't post price's for white's online

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sand Scoop, Welcome to the forum. I don't know how much experience you've had, but the Surfmaster has no discrimination to speak of. You will be digging deep holes for bobby pins, nails and iron trash along with the good stuff. Hope this helps. The Whites dealer is the best way to go for getting a detector that will work when you get it.

Sandman

X

xupz

Where do you plan on hunting at the beach?

Surf - I think the excal is the better choice if you're in the surf because a PI will have you digging deep for trash targets as well as the good ones, you do need a scoop. The discrimination in the water just makes it easier to filter out the trash. You sacrifice depth but you will dig far less trash and be more productive.

Wet Sand - Sand scoops for wet sand are pretty much worthless if you don't have water to help screen out the "mud". If you plan on hunting low tide / minus tide then a PI is the better choice for the added depth. A small shovel makes this process much faster. Depth here is the key, the excal won't stack up to a PI in the depth department so although you will dig more trash than one with a disc, you'll also be digging targets an excal can't find.

Surf - Excal
Wet Sand - PI

knapper

Jun 25, 2006
atlanta ga
Detector(s) used
IDX CLASSIC , SURFMASTER PI
bought my pi on ebay $430 had the heavy coil on it so i sent it back to white's to change for a lighter coil they seem to be nice people but don't answer their e mails well see mike in Atlanta

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread