Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I Mded the Treasure Beaches at lo tide Thursday after reading about 20 knot East winds. I used my new Headhunter Pulse and all my finds were at the water line. Found a 1976 quarter, 2 dimes, pennies, a cookie coin, button, unidentified tiny thin coins, assorted metal items, unidentified rusty clumps, nails, fish hooks and sinkers. There was what I believe to be an old 2 foot diameter Brazilianwood timber log washed up on the beach. It was waterlogged and too heavy to move. I brought back a small piece. (pictured)

Talked to a fellow who said a gold chain from a 1715 wreck was found at Vero a month ago on the beach. Has anyone heard this rumor? He told me that I can not compete with the locals. Well, I will keep trying anyway. I had fun and my Headhunter PI worked great.

Attachments

• MVC-006E.JPG
    MVC-006E.JPG
    12.1 KB · Views: 898
  • MVC-008E.JPG
    MVC-008E.JPG
    12 KB · Views: 897
  • MVC-007E.JPG
    MVC-007E.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 889
  • MVC-009E.JPG
    MVC-009E.JPG
    10.3 KB · Views: 888
Upvote 0
C

Carson Karma

Looks like you had a great time...and that beach area IS tops in the world...Loaded with Gold.

The locals really don't have a great advantage...being at the right place at the time is key. How deep were the sinkers?

Carson

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I was digging holes about a foot deep as quick as I could before the next wave, and throw the sand up on the beach. After it kept filling with water, I put my hand down in the hole to feel for the target. The lead was over a foot deep I think. The HH PI picks up every tiny fish hook or piece of one also.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed the pictures first and thought you must be using a PI and I was right. I'm to old to hold up with all that digging now and need to discriminate out the iron, That's a nice haul though. good job.

Sandman

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
In between fish hooks and sinkers, I found what appears to be a slightly bent, paper thin silver coin or button front. It appears to have a tree or arrowhead on the front and some writing. Also a brass button with a shield. These and the iron clumps are going in the electrolysis tank.

Attachments

• MVC-006E.JPG
    MVC-006E.JPG
    6.9 KB · Views: 828
  • MVC-007E.JPG
    MVC-007E.JPG
    9.6 KB · Views: 819

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
BC,

sounds like you had a good time; glad to
hear the Headhunter Pulse is working out
for you.

Hope you have many more finds in that area.

have a good un...........

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
bigcypress,

Looks to alot of targets dug! :o

One never knows when that one target may be something we all dream about! ::)

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I worked hard all day to find this junk. Those are some of the cleanest beaches. 8)

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
bigcypresshunter said:
I worked hard all day to find this junk. Those are some of the cleanest beaches. 8)

I've been there and done that! ::)

On recent trips to FL I've spent hours on beaches from Melbourne to Fort Pierce and didn't find Jack. But for me just gettin out on the beach, with the sounds of the surf, the view of the ocean, etc etc is all I need to justify hours on the beach not finding Jack.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
The tiny silver "coin" may be something. I need to clean.

Summerville Joe

Aug 24, 2006
South Carolina
I was at Wabasso beach this past summer and found a heavy gold chain that a jeweler told me was in the $750 to $800 value range. If this is the one you heard about, it was new and not from one of the ship wrecks.

summerville joe

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Nice find. I was told it was your first time out MDing. Was this true?

Summerville Joe

Aug 24, 2006
South Carolina
Although I started detecting over 40 years ago, this is one of the few times I have been out in the past 20 years. I lived in Phoenix for 30 years and there aren't very many beaches out that way (ha!ha!). I was in Florida on vacation and decided to take my detector with me. My wife's eyes almost popped out when I showed her my find. I DEFINATELY PLAN ON RETURNING.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I seen a lot of surfers last Thursday at Wabasso. I guess the rich kids lose their jewelry. :D

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey Buddy,

I am glad to hear you made it out there.....dose beaches are always fun to hunt!!!!......you just never know when you are going to hit it big.....

Nice stuff!!! I liked the tiny silver coin.......

All the best

Chagy........

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a picture of a beautiful Oriental girl living on the other side of the world 10,000 miles away one night and thought how nice it would be to meet her, and take her out. She is now my wife.

Does that count?

Sallyposinginwhitedress-1.jpg

Dressedtogoout.jpg

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cap Z. said:
Big C,

I had a dream last night...

I didn't even have a MD in hand. I was sitting next to the road (A1A) next to the McLarty Museum and just brushed my hand in some sand in a low spot along the road...
I found a large metal spike and..and smaller gold and silver spike.

Cap Z.
I also searched next to the road (AIA) next to the McLarty Museum, left my MD in the trunk and checked some spots along the road. I did not find the spikes.

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
treasure_hunter said:
I saw a picture of a beautiful Oriental girl living on the other side of the world 10,000 miles away one night and thought how nice it would be to meet her, and take her out. She is now my wife.

Does that count?

Sallyposinginwhitedress-1.jpg

Dressedtogoout.jpg

treasure hunter,

I'd say you found "real" treasure! A treasure to last a life time! 8)

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
The wife and I went out east saturday, Melbourne to Vero Beach. No luck though, so we head up to Cocoa and the Pier (not exactly the cleanest beach). We ended up with just over $3.00 in change and a bullet (.22cal). Lots of teens and surfers out, not much in tourist because its in between seasons. Another month till the snowbirds start down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions