Minelab Excalibur II or Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II ?? HELP - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    us
    Nov 2007
    So Gulf Coast, FL
    Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
    47 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

Re: Minelab Excalibur II or Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II ?? HELP

Quote Originally Posted by The-Bone
    1 more thing to consider is that possibly you have a defective coil/machine that is not pp correctly
    Very good point. I wonder if a call was ever made to Whites with "what's wrong"? before the detector got bashed.

us
    FlAuthor

Aug 2004
    Minneola, FL
    Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
    187 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

Do the gold ring and nail test. Take a gold ring and a 16 penny nail and thread the ring onto the nail. Take any detector other than the Minelab Excalibur and pass over it in nail discrimination. The nail will be discriminated along with the gold ring. Now do the same thing with the Minelab Excalibur. This unit doesn't know what iron is and its ignored but hits the gold ring. This was a big selling point for me when it was demo'd to me in 1990 and I still own that machine.
    9 books authored: Forts, Camps & Batteries of Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Pennsylvania next to be released, Ohio rereleased April and Virginia, New, released in April. Next book series will be North & South Carolina.

Where to Metal Detect in Central Florida and South Florida. All books formerly available at Kellyco are out of print. They will be available as they are redone and made available on Victoria Rhine Facebook page. Watch that for the releases. Currently working on researching Kentucky. Thank you.

us
    Oct 2010
    6 times

Hi,

Thanks again for all the responses. I recently spoke to a sales person at Kellyco who has been with the company for over 12 years. He has tested several if not all the detectors including the White's Pro PI. Guess what folks, this sales person agreed with me. He said, "The White's PI has problems pinpointing the target due to the dual coil. He said, he spent several hours on the beach trying to pinpoint objects with the White's and was not happy with the way the detector worked." If White's sold different coils for the PI Water Detector, he said it would make things a lot easier for the user. This sales person used the Excalibur II at the same beach and was able to pinpoint targets within seconds. He said, the main issue is what I wrote in the above post, with the dual coil, when you sweep the detector over a target, you need to keep sweeping it to find out where the target is, is the target on the outside coil or hitting the inside coil. Until you can pinpoint which coil the target is hitting, inner or outer, you may be sweeping for a minute or more which he also agreed is a total waste of time for a treasure hunter. Again, this person has over 25 years detecting. He also said which made a lot of sense, the reason not many other detector companies are making PI detectors is just because of this issue with pinpointing on a dual field coil / PI detector. He said a majority of detecting companies are producing more detectors for the water that support dual freq instead of PI detection. So, I was correct in my frustration with the White's PI water detector. It is and can be a waste of valuable time on the beach especially if you only have a few hours to detect. FYI... The sales person was not trying to push the Excalibur II on me either. He actually mentioned a few "new" freq detectors that Kellyco has sold hundreds of that you can take in the water up to 10 feet. These detectors are approx. $600 to $700 cheaper than the Excalibur II. So, the sales person was very honest and not trying to sell me on the higher priced detectors. He was a really nice guy who spent approx. an hour and a half on the phone going over different options for me. Any comments are welcome. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!! Catch that treasure....

us
    Feb 2012
    Rhode Island
    Fisher CZ-21 - W/Stealth 8 - Pro Pointer
    3 times
    Shallow water and Coinshooting

Hello, have you considered the Fisher CZ-21. I'll bet many on this website would back me up on saying it's a great machine. Very dependable, built like a tank, use in salt water up to 250 feet, and also works on dry land. I just bought one and I love it. You many want to check it out.
    John (from Rhode Island)

us
    Feb 2010
    East/West Coast
    ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC Stealth 720i hybrd
    709 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Buff4
    Hello, have you considered the Fisher CZ-21. I'll bet many on this website would back me up on saying it's a great machine. Very dependable, built like a tank, use in salt water up to 250 feet, and also works on dry land. I just bought one and I love it. You many want to check it out.
    John (from Rhode Island)
    Yep the cz-21 is suppose to be great I have not used one, I do use an excal and in PP mode I can get a few more inches deeper in BLACK NE sand!! Much like a PI! Thought about getting a PI but theres just too much iron on the beaches that I hunt. The Wot coil will be my next mod. My buddy who has many years experience hunts with a PI and he CRUSHES IT!!! Sometimes I think he's got a horse shoe up his !!!

GL&HH SnT
    Esse quam videri

us
    Oct 2010
    6 times

Re: Minelab Excalibur II or Fisher CZ-21 ?? HELP

Hi,

Thank you for all the responses. I am down to 2 detectors after reading up on them. I did read several articles on the Lost Treasure website. I can say this, from reading both articles, the Minelab Excalibur II still comes out the winner. I read the CZ-21 article today, they hardly found anything good with the detector. I then went back and read the article on the Excalibur II, a lot was found in the water. So, your responses would be much appreciated. Both detectors are around the same price give or take a few hundred. I can buy the Excalibur from an undisclosed dealer for $1,199.00. I have not checked to see what my bottom line is on the Fisher CZ-21.

Thanks again!!

Happy Hunting...

us
    Oct 2010
    6 times

Re: Minelab Excalibur II or Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II - REVIEWS

Hi,

I thought I would post the links to both detector reviews for everyone to read...tell me what you think..Thank you ~~)

http://www.losttreasure.com/content/...s-excalibur-ii

http://www.losttreasure.com/content/...metal-detector

Aug 2013
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Excalibur2 selling for 1199..what dealer? pl email name to :ilstennis@gmail.com. Thanx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links