Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I went out this morning to play with a new toy. I splurged and spent 80 bucks on one of those detested, much maligned chinese made detectors. I bought an MD1023 because of the reviews Aussie's give it and I figured it might work in the wet sand/shallow water here. I won't go into a full review of it here, but here are this morning's finds.

I've found several gold rings and sterling pendants before, but for some reason never a silver ring. This is a good size one. It weighs .57 ozt. I found it as I was leaving the beach.

Attachments

• ring2.jpg
    ring2.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 349
  • ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 351
  • todayfinds.jpg
    todayfinds.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 311
Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice ring and great finds. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:
Hamid HH

OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. It was fun hunting with the cheapie, but tomorrow I'm taking my Sovereign. Over 17 grams of silver, wish it had been at least 10k gold. ;D

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reaal good one what is the stone looks like silver ore?

Jonnie

OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
baywalker said:
Reaal good one what is the stone looks like silver ore?

Jonnie

Thanks for ID'ing it. I hadn't thought of that. Spot on.

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
17g's - a corker - a fortune in the eighties! well captured :icon_pirat: - but I can't work out why you would buy this if you have a Sov? it is on my list - if it was in a waterproof housing I'd buy it now.

OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smoogle said:
17g's - a corker - a fortune in the eighties! well captured :icon_pirat: - but I can't work out why you would buy this if you have a Sov? it is on my list - if it was in a waterproof housing I'd buy it now.

I never said I bought it to replace my Sovereign.

The why is because I like to try different detectors. I've read where it handles bad ground very well. If it is cheap and works well, so much the better. You rarely see anyone that can give an honest opinion on of these detectors, everyone summarily dismisses them as junk. For half the price of an ACE 150 or Compadre, I wouldn't have any problem suggesting one of these for a kid's detector.

It doesn't get a lot of depth, 6" on a dime and 7" on a quarter in air test. The build qualty could be better. It is however very stable on the wet sand here.

I've tried it, probably recovered at least half it's cost already, so now I will probably sell it and move on. If it had a coil that could cover more area I would take it out a few more times.

I've got better choices to use for sure. Right now I also have an Infinium, Sea Hunter MK II and an AT-Pro. The only detectors I can honestly say I will keep that I own now is the Sovereign and the Infinium.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread