Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It's been a long time since I've hunted with Ron (MarkTw8ain), so it was nice to finally hear from him after a long hiatus. I called Jason soon afterwards and told him that he was welcome to join our little excursion if he wanted to come.

Jason rode with me, and we met Ron at a beach that we hadn't hunted in a while. Once we got to the swimming area, everyone parted ways and headed to their own little section of real estate. This is where things got interesting... because I just made a straight line down the wet sand and into the water.

Once I got to about thigh deep water, my first signal came pretty quick.... an easy shallow scoop of the Stealth and a quck shake revealed a nice Pt900 ring. What a great way to start off the night 8-)

After that though, ... things slowed down until we moved to the next beach.

The finds were much harder to come by at this place.... but I did manage to scare up a nice looking ring... but after getting past the obvious weight, the nice inscription and pretty design of the ring itself... I see that it says .. "TUNGSTEN"... Friggin great... another crapper ring. Can't anyone buy decent jewelry these days??? :laughing7:

So I ended the night with 1,116 yen -- $14 and a nice Platinum ring.

And if my son Kendall is reading this post while he's at school... you need to be focusing on your school work and NOT what your dad found at the beach :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

001-35.jpg

002-35.jpg
003-31.jpg

Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Bobbypins,
Congratulations on that beautiful platinum ring find!!!:hello2:

I enjoyed your post.

Lorraine

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. In general how is hunting in Japan? My wife's family is from Akita and I lived in Tokyo for years, but that was before my addiction, er... hobby.

I'll be hunting in Tokyo and Akita come July. Looking forward to finding lots of 500en coins! A platinum ring would be nice too!

OP
OP
Bobbypins

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Great finds. In general how is hunting in Japan? My wife's family is from Akita and I lived in Tokyo for years, but that was before my addiction, er... hobby.

I'll be hunting in Tokyo and Akita come July. Looking forward to finding lots of 500en coins! A platinum ring would be nice too!

I'm in Okinawa, but I hear and read about hunting on mainland, and it's quite impressive. If you do some research for about an hour or so, and put in some time on a decent beach, you'll do fine. Just stick to the low tides and hunt the troughs at the low tide line.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good finds. Do you have to do anything special to the coins you find there to put them back in circulation.... because you guys sure make the money?

Dew

OP
OP
Bobbypins

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
good finds. Do you have to do anything special to the coins you find there to put them back in circulation.... because you guys sure make the money?

Dew
I have a process that I put my coins through before returning them to circulation. While they look nasty now, I get em looking like this when I'm done...
004-7.jpg

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome platinum ring.Those are few and far between.:tchest:

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Plat find! Don't discount the "tungsten". A Tungsten ring will bring more $ on ebay, Craig's list or a Flea market than a silver. You'd need an ounce + of silver rings for what you can sell a single tungsten ring. Keep up the good work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread