Banned
Jun 25, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's PI Dual Field
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi, I'm new and live in CANCUN, MEXICO!

Hi everybody ! I'm new to Treasurenet and excited to be here!

I used to live in the U.S. but have moved to Cancun, Mexico and was always interested in beach metal detecting. For those of you who have visited Cancun, Mexico you already know how crowded the beaches get during summer time and how many tourists get hammered. Every year so many people travel from UK, Canada, and U.S. to go to the beautiful beaches, yet the locals here and tourists never metal detect the beaches.

The main beach is forum beach by all the nightclubs where on the weekends the locals visit and tourists also. Because of the concentration of people here on forum beach and no one ever metal detecting i think i could have a shot at finding some interesting finds. On the other hand there are hotels, 5 star hotels that charge 500 a night that have visitors who lounge away on the beach strip covered in jewelry.

Which do you think would be better to metal detect fancy hotels (The beach is public i'm free to search and police can't say anything) or public beaches with a high concentration of people?

Does anyone have any history on cool treasure stories in Cancun, Mexico or nearby ?

Which part of the beach is the best part to search for? The wet sand? The dry sand? In the water? I have a Garret Ace 250 and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Upvote 0

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jesse, I used a White's Surf PI to find this.............. 6222015 WOMAN'S 18K 5.8 GRAMS.JPG Just yesterdau. You did a lot of trash but eventually You get the good stuff HH GFP

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also Jesse, when you get "the fever" it's easy to get in a hurry and not think things through completely or make a mistake and waste money on something that doesn't work. Remember , you said it yourself, you never see anyone detecting so don't get in such a rush that you go buy something that doesn't work or get taken by someone taking advantage of your eagerness and excitement. There's a bunch of expert knowledge on TNET so you're doing the right thing by asking and researching before you make a purchase. When you make a purchase on a water machine the next step will be to become an expert in how to operate it. Good luck! And I'm looking forward to seeing some of the bling you pull out of those waters. I'd love to give it a shot sometime.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread