Florida Beach: Odd finds, need ID help and thoughts, please.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
I dug all three of these things up within 20feet of each other. They were about 40 yards back from the water line in dry sand.
1. The coin is a belgian 1f from 1944. This is really odd because belgium was occupied by germany in 1944. Why would this be on the beach?
2. The piece of metal with threads has a five pointed star in a circle on one edge. That edge has a machine line. The opposite edge was clearly broken, meaning there was more to this piece. Any idea what it is?
3. The other piece of metal I dug up five feet from each other. The words "1975 S" are clearly visible on the upper left and right corners. There are numbers in both the bottom right and left but they are hard to make out. The reverse side has some kind of lettering on it but it is really hard to read. Any idea what this is?
4. This beach did not have a lot on it. Is it possible these things are all related?
Thanks View attachment 653882 View attachment 653883

Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sorry, can't help with ID, but I do like that foreign coin; very nice find!

Lorraine

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I can't really tell but the thing that looks like a ladder, in my opinion could be a picatini rail. It is used on firearms to mount all sort of things, scopes lights sights ecc... It is widely used in paintball guns as well.
The other object I have no idea.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detecting is gold. Congratulation!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread