Thinking about a Tesoro Tiger Shark...nee inputs and stuff people have found with it

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thinking about a Tesoro Tiger Shark...need inputs and stuff people have found with it

So for some reason I'm really feeling an urge to water hunt. I live in central New York so I'm surrounded by lakes, ponds and streams, so freshwater is what I would mainly want to do. I would very seldom salt water hunt. I'm interested in the Tesoro tiger shark, but havent seen many finds people have made with it or a lot of reviews. I'm hoping some of you may be able to help me with this and could post some finds you have made with it or any general knowledge. I can't just go out and buy one but this is just an idea. I have a Vaquero at the moment which is great for land.

Upvote 0

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stick with the new Tiger Shark Bobby. You can't compare the BHID 300 with the Tesoro since the White's is a two frequency detector like the CZ-21 and 20. The coil on the White's BHID wants to float like a cord and you get worn out holding it underwater near the bottom. The Tiger Shark is the one for freshwater :icon_thumleft:
041.jpg

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive never used a Tiger Shark...besides the lifetime warranty, what does it do better than the AT Pro?

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stick with the new Tiger Shark Bobby. You can't compare the BHID 300 with the Tesoro since the White's is a two frequency detector like the CZ-21 and 20. The coil on the White's BHID wants to float like a cord and you get worn out holding it underwater near the bottom. The Tiger Shark is the one for freshwater :icon_thumleft:
View attachment 656974

are those your finds with the Tiger Shark?

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive never used a Tiger Shark...besides the lifetime warranty, what does it do better than the AT Pro?
Can go 190 feet deeper than the AT PRO and is better on small gold than the AT PRO.Oh I own an AT PRO so I know. The AT PRO is better on Land.

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love these threads......so many different opinions.

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most seem to be for the tiger shark

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can go 190 feet deeper than the AT PRO and is better on small gold than the AT PRO.Oh I own an AT PRO so I know. The AT PRO is better on Land.
The AT will hit at 6 inches on a 0.4 gram 10k ring and 3 inches on a 0.4 gram hollow earring. Its lighter than the Tiger Shark, has a screen, can change coils and easier to change batteries. Im not trying to argue because Ive never used a Tiger Shark, just trying to figure out why it would be better than the ATpro. I was going to buy a Tiger Shark but the AT pro was released and I decided to go with it because I was using an Ace 250.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lookindown said:
The AT will hit at 6 inches on a 0.4 gram 10k ring and 3 inches on a 0.4 gram hollow earring. Its lighter than the Tiger Shark, has a screen, can change coils and easier to change batteries. Im not trying to argue because Ive never used a Tiger Shark, just trying to figure out why it would be better than the ATpro. I was going to buy a Tiger Shark but the AT pro was released and I decided to go with it because I was using an Ace 250.

Even though I don't have a tiger shark either, I think it just comes down to the fact that as much as OEM's try to make one detector that can do it all, that's just not going to happen. The tiger shark was made clearly for freshwater...it has a capability for Salt water, but you get mixed results as I hear when it comes to minerals and such so lets just say freshwater...Sure it can be used on land as well, but it's reputation is known for being killer in freshwater. The AT pro is known for having multiple abilities, but it's reputation is not based off it being used in water even though it can be. I think when a company puts one main focus on a detector compared to another brand trying to do many things with one detector, the winner will go to the primary focus one. I'm sure the at pro can pick up smaller gold, but maybe not chains like the tigershark? Idk. Plus the tigershark is built like a tank and has a lifetime warranty. That's my .2 cents

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Just curious what anyone's experiences are using it as a land machine?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread