7-22 Old Silver and Gold????

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was lucky enough to get out both saturday and sunday mornings for a few hours each. Saturday morning I hit Clearwater beach since i hadn't been there in a while. Crack of dawn and no other hunters in sight. 10 minutes later, it was buzzing with activity. I counted 6 others in the water and so many wandering the wet and dry I couldn't keep count :) Gotta love CWB :tongue3: Zigged and zagged in the water from ankle to chest deep. Barely broke $1 in clad and got a junk bracelet.

Sunday: Hit a beach further south that I had been eyeing for a while but had not detected yet. Not very popular, but a few scattered high $$ rentals so it was worth a try. Not another detectorist was seen for a full 3 1/2 hour hunt. Found a decent amount of crusty clad and also found a WWII 50 cal. shell in a cut in the wet sand(dug to China for it). Finally toward the end of the hunt I started getting some faint signals that ended up being very deep targets. Pulled the heavily oxidized silver sun ring first. Took me about 5 minutes to recover it, very deep! Then a few targets later i pulled the pendant whatzit. I am 99% sure the gold part is gold. The silver is heavily tarnished but the gold part has that lost yesterday look. Not really sure what it may be?? All in all, this spot has potential and I will be back next weekend for further examination 8-)

Heres the pictures of Sundays finds:

011-8.jpg

015-4.jpg

013-4.jpg

Cleaned as best as I could:

018-3.jpg

Aaron

Upvote 0

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Way to hang in there Stpauli914 . I was there late afternoon .Wasn't much leftover for me. SO MANY PEOPLE SO LITTLE FOUND..

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
That is very nice older looking silver and gold. Congrats! It cleaned up nice too. I would have to go back to a spot like that and work it good. You never know what treasures might be found.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW!! Congrats on the Way Cool Gold and Silver Tickets! :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread