Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Pete," the pirate parrot!

wrecker

Mar 5, 2008
Germany
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
"Dolores"
That was the name of Long John Silver's parrot if I remember right. Always thought I would name my bird Dolores if I ever got one.

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cracker,tinkerbell,poly,tikki,crusty, juice,sunshine,fruit loop,pirate, gator,tsunami, hurricane names,snapper,peanut,sherlock,tweedy, razor,pallmetto,........

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Jack". Birds are amazing. Start slow with talking to them and eventually they will imitate you. My father-in-law had a common parakeet and after a few years the bird would repeat frequently repeated phrases. But the crazy thing is... it would sound just like one of the three people living in the house who routinely spoke to him. Bizarre.

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like "Bottlecap" or "PullTab" sorry.....just what Ive been finding as of late..

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
"RAINBOW" ( part of my name ...part of your name....and the "B" for Beautiful Bird :headbang:

BP.JPG

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
LD I have the same bird at home .His name is Cyrus . How about Cyrus II ?

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captain John Silver would be my suggestion. A mighty name befitting a mighty bird,

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Phoenix, Jim, Prince or Lil guy.....

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captn Silver would be a fitting name. We named our's "Jack sparrow". Thought it was funny to name a bird after another.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Dolores"
That was the name of Long John Silver's parrot if I remember right. Always thought I would name my bird Dolores if I ever got one.

Silver's parrot was named Captain Flint.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have a Sun Conure, her name is Sunny. She is 3 1/2 years old. Her brothers name is Squidward- after the squid character on Spongebob cartoons. Sunny always wants to be with me. She has cruised to the Bahamas twice, been to the Keys 5 times. She wants to go for drives in the truck riding on my finger on the steering wheel. They love to do stuff with you, be careful how much you let it do now, they get spoiled and want it. Dont let it eat dinner with you or you will have it yelling your name, Sunny calls me daddy, to eat with you until you get him to eat, or cover his cage. Best if he cant see you eating. I took Sunny and her 2 siblings out of the nest when Sunny was just getting quills, maybe 2 1/2 weeks old, Sunny was the oldest. We have a male Pacific Parrotlet that is named Nugget. They do play together, but sunny is bonded to Lynn and I. She does just about everything with me. She is alway warning us when there is a racoon in the yard, she has been on my shoulder when trapping and scareing them away. She also tells us when hawks are on the aviaries. We raise parrots, and in the winter Sharp Shinned and Coopers hawks, which are exclusivly bird eaters, jump on the cages and scare the birds. Sunny really yells when that happens. They dont talk too good compared to other parrots. Sunny is a female and females dont talk as good as males, as with many parrots and other talking birds. Sunny eats lots of different foods, besides seeds and pellets. Like chicken, fish, pasta, cheese, fresh basil leaves, and likes drinking sweet drinks. They instinctly look up when outside and let you know when anything is flying, they fear death from above. They even see stuff we cant see I suppose a spy plane or something, they have telescopic vision and can focus and enlarge way off targets. They really dont like flying hawks eagles and vultures, but the worst is giant herons, Sunny flips out when one flys over. Birds respond best to 2 sylabal names like dogs. Oh, dont let it go any where near the cables on a computer printer or anything like that, even extension cords, they will chew and ruin them. Sun Conures are known as the clowns of the bird world. They do lots of funny things, you will see. They like tapping, making music by tapping, they will make up whole tunes. They also like to get in your shirt when it gets dark.

Attachments

• 059.JPG
    059.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thats my Name For Our Bird Except His Nick Name Is Crispy Chicken Nuget!!! His Real Name Is ROCKY Racoon hernandaz!!! Our Whole Living romm Is His Cage! He wont go Into the Dining room Or Kitchen!!! Unless red is In there And The Fan Is Off Chug

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions